Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Charleston (Downtown) The Mills House Hotel

Rookfan
By Rookfan,
in

Using BB PRICELINE link, I got all planned - today got the last deal of our next US trip "in the bag".

Tried 4* first up to $94, then 3,5* up to $84. Nothing. Then 3*, starting with $69. Got counter offer to be successful immediately for $80. Learned from Better Bidding not to accept but to bid some lower. So using one of the rebid zones I bid $72 - bingo ! Was upgraded (!) although it didn't work with 3.5* some minutes ago. Very happy with this outcome, a fairly good deal I think.

Thanks Better Bidding I saved lots of money for the whole trip. Can't imagine how to travel without it ! Thank you for all guyes.

Congratulations on your latest success!

Glad to see your US trip is now complete (always a nice feeling) and that the board was helpful in your purchases!

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy this leg of your stay and have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I need to report some unpleasant continuation on this matter. Perhaps someone else will "learn" as I did ... it cost me more than $250 !

While the stay was planned in March 2012, suddenly I got a request "Please tell us about your recent stay in Charleston". Oh, oh ... Yes, I realized that I got the "Name-your-own-price" win for 18th. to 21st. of DECEMBER (!) instead of March. Unfortunately the days Sunday to Wednesday were exactly the same as in March so that I did'nt notice before.

And now we may understand the fact that 3.5* didn't work before (was in March) and some minuts later for less money it worked. Now for December !!!

Contacted Priceline. But their customer service only offered a bonus cash of $50 with separate mail while I only need to book 3 days in Charleston again, so only can use $30 of it. Very disappointing for me, however explained by Priceline and understandable. However, cash bonus is offered as personally reward nearly all the time, more or less.

So please be careful with dates. Was not easy for me with more then 10 legs during my March trip and with more then hundred tries over all ... and shit may happen.

By the way dear Mods, I opened Priceline via the BB link, then copied the URL into the browser - but the bonus cash was not valid then. If I opened it directly from my mail system it worked.

Please could you explain how to do with BB before I start to try Charleston again ?

Sorry to hear of your bidding error, however, this is the correct way to use our links along with the bonus money (i'm not sure we'll get credit using your previous method):

1) click the link in the email in order to deposit the bonus money into your account

2) close the current browser

3) use a link on the board to re-access PRICELINE

4) go to the top of the PRICELINE page and click MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS

5) use the link in your profile/rewards and bid as usual

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare, please could you more explaine point 1. - How can I "deposit" it into my rewards ? If I clicked on the link they sent to me I get automaticly on the screen where I should fill the destination and dates for bidding, using the bonus cash.

Hey, you got credited the wrong bid - and now you'll get it once more for the correct one ;) but I'll do my very best to make it work.

There are typically two types of bonus cash:

Type 1:

1) click a link in the email and your brought to a screen asking for your email address

2) enter your email address and click submit

3) you're taken to priceline and the bonus money is recorded (if you don't win your bid, or not choose not to bid at this time, the bonus money is deposited into the MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS section of your profile)

Type 2:

1) click a link in the email and you're instantly take to a screen to bid

2) in this instance the bonus money is already in your profile (MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS)

The objective is to make sure the bonus money is in the REWARDS section of your profile.

With Type1 you need to use the link in the email to be taken to the form to deposit the bonus money into your PROFILE.

With Type2 the bonus money should already be in your PROFILE.

==> Once the bonus money is in your account, use a PRICELINE link on the board and go to MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS and use the link there to commence your bidding.

Let us know if any questions or issues with the above.

THANKS!

Thank you Thereuare. Looks very understandable to me, and "my" type looks like you decribed type 2. However, I signed into Priceline, went to My Profile, then My Rewards. Believe it or not: There are other Bonus Cash but not that new one with expiring date 12/31/2012. So is it another type 3 ? I think so.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]