Maui OGG rental question

bobbob
By bobbob,
in

I am wondering what the best time frame is to bid on a car. I have been lucky in the past by getting pretty cheap cars in Maui and Orlando but it seems that the less time i have till my trip the more expensive the cars get. Hotwire seems to go up in price daily. Is there a certain day of the week or month that works better? Is it better to bid within the same month? Who know?

My dates for travel at 3/4-3/11 ogg.

Any help is much appreciated

Bob

There is no set formula for the best rate, it all depends upon supply/demand for your specific dates relative to how much time is left until the 'consumption' date. It's best to do a little research and 'know' what a good deal would be for the particular rental period and bid up to that point... what is considered a 'good' rate will change as time moves on.

Have you tried any bidding yet for these dates? What rates are you seeing on HOTWIRE? What rate are you hoping to pay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Last year i bid and won 16/day for a hertz Maui car for six days thorough PL. This year I started my biding about the same 16/day. I am now up to 22/day. Hotwire has about 23-24/day for the same car type. I did see 19/day on Hotwire for the same car type about 6 weeks ago so i feel i have missed the boat so to speak. I guess it is now a waiting game.

I do have about 3 months till this trip. Will PL reset my bidding history so i can try lower prices again? Or will they keep them indefinatly?

Bob

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]