Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 4* Hotel in Vancouver

AcidicRage
By AcidicRage,
in

Hi there. Can someone help me ID these 4* Hotels?

First one:

"Downtown Vancouver Entertainment District area hotel." Staying from 12/19 to 12/21. Priced at $94 per room with original cost of $131 per room.

Amenities: Suite, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access

Recommended: In 95% of Hotwire customer reviews.

Second one:

"Downtown Vancouver West area hotel." Staying from 12/19 to 12/21. Priced at $83 per room with original cost of $131 per room.

Amenities: Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire Vancouver thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then click this HOTWIRE link and reply to this post, we'll have a look at the offers above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Downtown Vancouver Entertainment District property matches previous reports for both the Delta Suites and the Westin Grand, so either of these would be my best guess for this one.

The amenities for the Downtown West property are common for a 4* city hotel, but the Hyatt Regency and the Westin Bayshore have each been seen with this amenity combination, so either of these would be my guess here.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the listings. I am leaning more towards my second choice. I also want to update the date from 12/19 to 12/22 (one extra day). The price has just dropped to $80 per room now.

Anyhow, what is the success rate of getting either the Hyatt Regency or Westin Bayshore for the 2nd 4* Hotel? I think I would be fine either one, but are there other hotels out of those two? If so, which ones (just in case) would they be?

The Westin is won more frequently then the Hyatt, but i wouldn't necessary make the assumption that you'll receive the Westin vs. the Hyatt... you should at least be prepared for either of these.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

The list of hotels that have been reported to the board in this area (as well as the amenity set/s that have been reported to the board with each) can be found at this link: Hotwire Hotel List Canada

Only one hotel appears at each star level for each set of dates although which hotel may change over time between now and your stay.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Ah, that makes sense.

So, what you're saying is that the exact 4* Hotel (same area/same amenities) are not the same all around? For instance, if my friend and I were to choose this same Hotel listing at the same time... he and I may get different hotels? Although they share the same star level and amenities + location?

I have always wondered how the Hotwire hot rates work--whether they're actually one single hotel for one single link OR if there are several hotels listed as "one link," and whichever I buy (depending on date/time), it may be random whoever gets what. Correct? So we're not always getting the same hotel, no matter what?

The list at the link provides a list of hotels that have been reported to the board, as well as the amenities that have been seen with each. Some hotels may be reported with the same amenities.

For your set of dates, there is only one hotel at each star rating in each zone.

For example, you may see this currently:

"Downtown Vancouver Entertainment District area hotel." Staying from 12/19 to 12/21. Priced at $94 per room with original cost of $131 per room.

Amenities: Suite, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access

However, whether via due to discounted inventory being gone or other factors, sometime between now and your stay, a different listing may appear in its place. Or, the same listing may continue to appear in this zone/star rating slot. Overall, there is only one hotel in any star rating/zone spot at any one time but between now and your stay, price may change and the hotel in that spot may change due to inventory or other factors.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]