CA Inland Empire Ayres Boutique Hotel Ontario

Romelle
By Romelle,
in

"Boutique" in the name is a good start for understanding this hotel. It was a little different, but totally delightful.

To get you off on the right foot, you have to call for a shuttle. They don't just loop like some other ones do. Also, there are two other Ayres hotels in the area, so make sure you get the right shuttle by asking if it is the "Boutique" one.

Shuttle service is every 15 minutes. The run to the hotel is only about 5 minutes as it is VERY close to the airport. Furthermore, they will also take you anywhere within a 5 mile range, which includes the HUGE Ontario Mills Outlet Center (I never did manage to think of a national chain not represented there!).

The hotel itself had a lot of character. Old dark furniture - Queen Anne, Louis XV, and other styles. But the mattress was new and very comfortable.

My room (2nd floor) was surprisingly large. Queen bed, full leather sofa, little marble table and chairs, dresser, coffee table, huge dresser with the TV on it, and still room to walk about comfortably. High ceilings. Operating windows. Tub. Real marble tops on things. Microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and supplies. Good water pressure and the hot comes quickly. Quiet. Clean.

Good clear reception on the TV with maybe 20 stations - local, national, sports, news, Bloomberg, etc.

Breakfast was nominally served from 6 to 9 (7 to 10 on weekends), but because airline crews stay there, there seemed to be quite a bit of flexibility around the edges. I wandered down the first morning a 1/2 hour early, and was cheerfully fed. Great breakfast. The cook is one of those wonders you occasionally see - she kept up a steady stream of waffles, omelets, french toast, bacon, potatoes all the while, along with cheerful comments. There is also freshly made muffins (hope you get one of her coconut/pineapple/orange days!), fruit and juice, the usual cold cereals, coffee (good coffee), tea, etc.

An old-fashioned patterned rug in the halls.

Besides the shuttle service, there is bus connection very nearby and it eventually links into the greater Los Angeles metro. I used bus/metro to get to San Bernardino. Had thought of Los Angeles but that took a little more time than I had available just then. It would have been doable if I hadn't lingered over breakfast so long.....The front desk didn't seem to be familiar with the bus system, but I left them with schedules so if you are reading this and headed there, they should now be equipped to answer bus questions. The 61 bus (across the street and around a corner) runs every 15 minutes. An 80 bus stop is right outside the hotel.

Free computer in the lobby and the hotel is WI-FI wired (free).

A big plate of good cookies appeared out on the front desk every evening.

There is an arrangement with a sister hotel just across the parking lot, and one gets coupons for free drinks there. Plus some veggies, chips, dips, etc.

One oddity - the hotel doesn't have an elevator. It is only 2 stories tall, so ask for a ground floor if this is an issue. I figured those stairs might help balance out the good breakfasts, cookies, and drinks. Almost....

The halls are decorated with a charming assortment of old prints. I actually routed my self different ways when coming and going, just to see more of them.

People at the front desk and the shuttle drivers were uniformly kind, helpful and genuine.

A full array of restaurants and fast food places up and down the street outside - the infamous In-And-Out Burger, an Indian restaurant, a Denny's, and quite a few others.

While the street in front is multi-lane, speed limits seem observed and the little buttons will stop traffic so one can cross. The area felt safe, with just ordinary people going about their business.

They did my wake-up call successfully and exactly on time.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]