CA San Francisco Sheraton Fishermans Wharf

ongkenyong
By ongkenyong,
in

I have just returned from a 3 night stay at the SF Sheration FW won through Priceline at $67 a night. I had no hiccups during check-in and was given a room with a double-sized beds. The quality of the room and furnishings exceeded my expectations for the price paid. My fiancee and I had no problems with noise, smell, cleanliness or service. We didn't mind sharing a double bed because the beds were very comfortable.

The only problem I had which is typical for San Francisco is with parking. Parking at the hotel is $32 a night which I wasn't willing to pay. A cheaper option I found was to park at parking lot across the hotel on Beach Street for $20. There is an Enterprise Rent a Car office at that parking lot, you can see the sign. You get to leave the car there for 24 hours even though the parking receipt says "up till 0:00 AM". However, there is no in-out privileges. The cheapest way I found has to park on the streets outside the hotel. Meters operate from 7AM to 7PM. Easy to find spaces at night. You'd have to wake up at 7AM to feed the meter, or better yet, move the car to the aforementioned parking lot on Beach Street. On weekdays, if you park your car at that lot before 9AM, it's only $7 till midnight. Then move your car back onto the street for free. Don't forget to wake up at 7AM.

The location is great and there's plenty of restaurants around. You can walk all the way to Chinatown and Union Square. Alternatively, catch the famous trolleys from the nearby station.

Total for 3 nights with taxes and fees came to $236. Having travelled extensively over the past 3 years, I think this hotel represents excellent value, perfect for a hassle free holiday. Would definitely stay here again in the future.

• 9 months later...

Just a little tip on the Sheraton at Fisherman's Wharf. Not being familiar with San Fran, I learned a lot. Basically, Fisherman's Wharf kinda blows, in my estimation. It's a really wretched area. Very tacky. Reminds me of Niagara Falls. While the location is convenient along the waterfront, I think we would have done better bidding strictly in, say, Financial district, which is right near Chinatown. For instance, a friend used priceline and got the Hilton in the Financial District. We visited him. Awesome views of the Coit Tower, etc. and right next door to City Lights bookstore (practically), Nanking restaurant, Chinatown, etc. The Sheraton is just a four floor hotel surrounding a rather lame swimming pool that wasn't even open. The air conditioning was loud and the walls are thin as paper. I'm surprised it's considered a 4-star.

• 10 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]