Priceline Hotel: 4* Downtown LA

ewismer
By ewismer,
in

Trying to book a hotel for the time of my son's graduation from college next May 10-13, 2006, in downtown LA. Started 4* at $50, added zones that I liked, and then added re-bid zones that do not have 4*. Went up to $75, all rejected. Question - is it too early to start looking for next May, since I have seen accepted bids on this board for 4* hotels in this zone for $55-$75?

It is probably too early from the standpoint that many hotels may anticipate selling out on their own due to the graduation and therefore don't need to give inventory to the opaque suppliers.

Actual bookings may differ from anticipated bookings at which point they will make inventory available to the opaque services... but checking the Omni and the Westin, neither one is showing any availability at their own websites.

I would look for a cancellable back-up, as well as check consolidators such as Quickbook and EasyClickTravel.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]