Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Chelsea - Madison Square Garden) The New Yorker Hotel Ramada Plaza

bajenleker
By bajenleker,
in

Hi yet again...time to spend a few snowy days in NY again, approx 01/11/12-01/14/12.

I've been searching Hotwire and ended up with a 4* in Soho,

Amenities: Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business.

$107/day and a whopping 100% recommended by Hotwire customers.

It's tagged "Super Saver"

Could it be this, 4* Sheraton Tribeca Amenities: Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business?

Btw, how many reviews is needed before it gets published?

rgds

max

Interesting. Those ammenities do match the previously reported wins on this Board for HW at the Sheraton Tribeca. The moderators will have even better advice, but your guess looks spot on.

Did HW note any reviews or % favorable ratings? I have no idea the answer to your second question, but hope to be educated again by the moderators!

This does match previous reports for the Sheraton Tribeca so that would be my best guess for this one.

The "percent recommended" information provided by HOTWIRE is a moving target and shouldn't be used as a primary indicator to identify hotels... we're seen the percent number change from one search to the next for the same hotel, as well as the same hotel go from a reported percentage to 'still gathering'. The minimum number of reviews i've ever seen is '20+ total reviews', but as per my previous statement, even if it shows "still gathering" it's not necessarily a new hotel to the system.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you bookmark the links please do so as follows:

1) RIGHT mouse click our PRICELINE link

2) select 'add to favorites' or 'bookmark this link' from the pop-up window

3) repeat for our HOTWIRE link

Please DO NOT click the link and then bookmark the ensuing page.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you.

I'll think of it.

I'm still un-decided if I should book now or stay calm until the day before my trip, after all it's january.

But I also have the ESTA to take care of and they need an address for the first night.

Might book the first night and then make a new booking when I'm on site in NY.....we ll see.

Will follow up.

rgds

max

As you are probably aware, inventory changes and great deals today often disappear (or get better) the closer to the date you're looking at. Always difficult to predict, but the listed hotel is a good rate for NYC. Good luck!

If I wasn't aware, I am now...the hotel does not show up now. :)

But since my journey is not 100% confirmed it's not too much of a problem. :)

Thanks anyway.

Please wait on asking for hotel IDs until your plans are firm... this saves us time researching hotels which are not ready to be purchased (and as per above, may not be available once your plans are firm)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Hotels come and go all the time, sometimes they re-appear, other times they're replaced by a different offer... all that really matters is what is offered once you're ready to book :)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

• 1 month later...

To sum it up..those days were changed to 1/10 and leaving on 1/13-12.

However I got a decent deal @Travelzoo.com for Fairfiled Inn & Suites, Chelsea (better location), $129/day = $456, free brkfst/wifi.

I've got the possibilty to cancel, as well.

But I will still chase... :rolleyes:

The chase is over...just booked The New Yorker for $98/day on Hotwire.

Will post details.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]