Priceline Hotel: 4* Charleston Renaissance DT 9/17-9/20 REJECTED

hpmoon
By hpmoon,
in

Very disappointed in the results. One year's inflation at a 50 percent level is pretty out of touch.

I didn't record all the bids, but I went through each zone for 7 tries, and still got declined at $138. I know it's the Renaissance Hotel because according to all my research, the only 4* hotel in Charleston affiliated with Priceline.com is the Renaissance.

I'd like to try the 3-star hotels, but want Francis Marion and not the other chain "hotels" (really, motels -- even at 3 stars, i.e. Doubletree and Embassy Suites). Any Summer 2005 experience with the 3-stars level in downtown Charleston, SC? Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I think it's important to remember the purpose of the opaque websites from a hotel manager's point of view: "fill excess rooms at deeply discounted prices"

Perhaps the hotel has high occupancy figures for (at least) one of the nites of your stay, or overall demand is strong overall that they intend to have very high occupancy levels during this time period and therefore have little or no reason to give any discounted rooms to the opaque providers.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, point well taken. I'm posting the results of a separate transaction here momentarily.

BTW, I had a horrible experience at your closest competitor (you know who I mean, and I don't want to give out any free publicity), in which my thread was moderated like crazy until I criticized it, then got banned immediately without explanation. Thanks in advance for being a "moderate" moderator! I'll go here for all my Priceline advice from now on.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]