Hotwire Hotel: 3* New Orleans (Airport MSY) Hilton Garden Inn

speedyf72
By speedyf72,
in

I'm looking to reserve a room through Hotwire for June 24th....for 1 night.

I'd like to stay around the airport area (Kenner area). I put this information into Hotwire and received these 2 offers:

------------------------------------------

Offer #1

3.5 *

Best Value!

$48 per night

Amenities include: Airport Shuttle, Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center

-------------------------------------------

Offer #2

3 Star

$40 per night

Amenities Include: Pool(s), Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self service).

--------------------------------------------

I'm torn on which offer to select. I wouldn't mind staying at either the Hilton Airport, Hilton Garden Inn Airport, or Holiday Inn Select. I do not want to stay at Four Points Sheraton.

After reading through the the posts associated with the MSY / Airport Area....it seems that the 3.5 star could possibly be Holiday Inn Select...since I have not seen any other 3.5 star hotel listed on this board besides the Holiday Inn Select....but, the ammenities seem to be different.

Also...looking at the Hotwire hotel list...the ammenities for the 3 star hotel at $40 seem to match perfectly with the Hilton Garden Inn Airport as listed in the Vacation Package section of the hotel list....but, I was concerned that the list was originally posted in 2003 and I was concerned about the accuracy (when was it last updated).

Either way...I will probably book something either today or tomorrow....and I just wanted to post for any last minute guidance. I will be sure to bid through your link to support this board and I will post my findings after bidding.

Thanks....

Speed

I went ahead and purchased the 3 star selection....here are the details:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hotwire

Booking for 6/24/05....1 Night....Checking Out 6/25/05

New Orleans MSY / Airport Area

3 Star Hotel

Amenities: Pool, Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Price = $40 + Taxes/Fees = $51.95

Used a discount code "GIFTCARD06" to receive an additional $10 off my price instantly....so, my final total was actually $41.95

Hotel = Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Airport - 4535 Williams Blvd - Kenner, LA 70065

2 Adults - No Children

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regular Price through Hilton's website would have put this room at $89 before taxes and over $100 after taxes.

I used the Savingsbarn "cut & paste" for my Hotwire transaction at around 9:40am Central Time today.

The amenities listed match up exactly with the amenities from the "Vacation Package" section from Hotwire's site as well as the "Vacation Package" post of the Hotwire New Orleans hotel list on this board.

Thanks....

Thank you for sharing your results with the board... enabling us to now move this from the VP list to the 'confirmed' list. As well, thank you for using a link from the SavingsBarn to begin your purchase.

Glad it worked out as expected and you received one of the hotels you were hoping for.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]