Priceline Hotel: Resort San Juan Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza

mark22
By mark22,
in

2 night subtotal: $220

taxes and fees: $34.72

total: $254.72

my guess is that the taxes and fees do not include the mandatory %14 resort fee (which in my case comes out to $30.80, or slightly less if the room rate that priceline pays the hotel is less than my $110 bid).

parking costs around $15 per day, and i believe that internet is free.

PS: I successfully extended this for two extra days. Interestingly, priceline only gave me the option to attempt a 1 or 2 day extension and did not give me an option to attempt a longer extension.

Congrats on your success. :)

Very good result for this Conrad property; hope you are looking forward to your stay.

Did you extend for two days prior or forward? Additionally, was the extension for the same rate?

PRICELINE only allows to extend for up to the same length as the original stay.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

extended for two days after.

the cost for the two extra days was identical as for the first two days. my understanding is that when choosing the "extended your stay option" you are locked in to the same exact rate as your winning bid and they can only award you the same exact hotel (so there's no risk of switching hotels).

i suspected that the extension is restricted to the same number of days of the original win (with the exception that the total number of days not exceed a certain number of days). i had no idea that that rule existed, and did not want to post that that was the reason for the limitation without some confirmation from seasoned users. you learn the hard way, but will make the most of it anyway!

The Extend Your Stay is not always offered, but even when it is, there is no guarantee that you'll be able to get the additional nites, one of three things can happen:

1) you're able to extend the stay at the same rate and the additional nite(s) are now confirmed

2) you're told that no rooms are available for the additional nite(s)

3) you're told that rooms are available, but only at $xx more than your original bid, and you're given the option of accepting or rejecting the additional nites

You can try to extend your stay for up to the same number of nites as your original purchase (as long as the total number of nites won't exceed 21 nites)

Hope the above answers any questions you (or anyone else reading this thread in the future) have on the subject.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]