FL Ft Lauderdale Westin North

petrel800
By petrel800,
in

Stayed here Friday Nov 18th for one night.

For the first time ever, I felt like a Priceline Customer and not a Westin Customer. The attitude of the staff was less than helpful. While I realize I am guaranteed late arrival by Priceline, I like to inform the desk of when we will arrive if it is later than usual. I was told that they couldn't guarantee my room unless I gave them a credit card number over the phone. I refused and reminded them it was prepaid, they backed off and said they would mark the file. When we arrived, the staff was less than friendly, almost like we were inconveniencing them by showing up.

We were placed on the 11th floor in a room with 2 beds. I would have preferred 1 king, but it was nearly midnight, so I accepted the key and went up to the room. They claim the beds were "full size." They certainly weren't queen beds, and they would have been lucky to be full size beds. The beds reminded me of what you got in a college dorm. They were tiny and down right insulting to think that the bedding in that room would be acceptable for a party of 4.

The room was clean and there were plenty of towels for the 2 of us. Typical Westin, they nickel and dime you for everything though. Water in the room, internet was $10. There was also a charge for parking, which was laughable, because there is more parking at the location than they know what to do with it. On a positive note, the workout room was better than most hotels I've stayed at.

Overall, I was less than thrilled, YMMV. Mostly the staffs attitude, and the bed sizes were downright laughable.

Standard US bed sizes as defined by Wikipedia:

Single/twin 39in × 75in

Double/full 54in × 75in

Queen 60in × 80in

King 76in × 80in

Then there are some more unusual ones.

If you want to measure something and don't have a tape, spreading out one's arms, from finger-tip to finger-tip is usually one's height. And one can adjust for differences with a US dollar bill which is just a shade over 6".

I believe Priceline was OK with just a couple twin beds, since they only commit to sleeping space for two people. However, the beds you got might have been "full-sized twins", but I'd guess they really weren't full-sized "Double/full" as per the list above. Any chance the desk people were non-US natives? Bed size has some different definitions and names in other countries. As well as some actual size differences.

Nonetheless, frustrating when one is checking in late at night. Might be worth a note to Westin.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]