Priceline Hotel: 4* Newark - Meadowlands (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency Jersey City On The Hudson

kascherr
By kascherr,
in

Taking my wife to NYC for a little Pre-Christmas weekend. Looking to stay in Manhattan and be decently close to the winter activities (Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, Other Suggestions?) and the subway. I'm thinking Times Square, MTE, MTW or CPS. Would prefer a 4* for under $150 but would settle for a 3.5* for a lesser rate. Any help would be much appreciated.

I think you have a chance at a 4* for a $150 bid price, but $150 all-in for a 4* is probably a bit of a reach... do you want to bid up to $150 for a 4* before trying for a 3.5*... or once you're at $150 all-in for a 4* you want to try for a 3.5*.

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level in NYC you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and TS...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* CPS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Times Square, MTE, MTW or CPS...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're unsure). If the above is rejected you don't need to wait 24 hours to try at the 3.5* level since lowering your star rating is one of the criteria for being able to bid again immediately. HOWEVER, there are some things you need to consider regarding some of the zones above when bidding 3.5* and under, so if the above is rejected post back and we'll discuss 3.5* caveats with you.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No luck on 4*. Here is the approach I took.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and TS

Bid $110

Bid $115 and added Coney Island

Bid $120 and added MSG

Bid $125 and added QB

Bid $130 and added Long Island City

Bid $135 and added Upper East Side

Closed browser and used PRICELINE link

Select 4* CPS...

Bid $110

Bid $115 and added Coney Island

Bid $120 and added MSG

Bid $125 and added QB

Bid $130 and added Long Island City

Bid $135 and added Upper East Side

Closed browser and used PRICELINE link

Select 4* Times Square, MTE, MTW or CPS...

Bid $138

Bid $140 and added Coney Island

Bid $143 and added MSG

Bid $145 and added QB

Bid $148 and added Long Island City

Bid $150 and added Upper East Side

I'd really like a 4* but I'm not willing to go higher than $150 bid price. I'm open to a 3.5* but would like to be under $150 all-in price. I know you mentioned there are some oddities with 3.5* (small rooms, far from subway). I'm open to small rooms but really need to be close to a subway. Thoughts!?

$150 all-in is equivalent to ~$125 bid price, you can try, but i'm not sure if that is going to be enough for these dates.

Including the possibility of the small rooms in the CPS zone, but excluding MTE due to the possibility of being too far from the subway, you have FOUR re-bid zones at the 3.5* level.

Select 3.5* MTW and TS and CPS...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks again for the prompt response. No luck with the following bids...

Select 3.5* MTW and TS and CPS...

Bid $110

Bid $115, added Coney Island

Bid $120, added Long Island City

Bid $125, added Upper East Side

Bid $130, added Q-Bridge

I'm out of town this weekend but I'll try the approach again on Monday with higher starting bids.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]