Hotwire Hotel: NY City Christmas overnight

cheapo4*
By cheapo4*,
in

I will drive with my wife and 13,11, and 9 year old to see all the Manhattan sites. The only nights that don't work are Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. We home school, so weekdays and weekends work the same. Looking for the best price on a larger room with easy access to the city. Staying outside and riding the train/subway is an option. Looking for a strategy. More questions: If we drive at night and arrive in the early morning hours, can we park at the hotel? (what does NYC area parking cost look like?) What sort of price difference do you see for staying in Manhatten v staying outside and taking train/subway? Budget is under $150/night. Can do anytime from Dec 14 to Dec 23 (any angle on the best day for low rate?)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

Then reply to this thread indicating how many nites you're seeking and your expected budget.

I'll also start with your first major issue in that PRICELINE and HOTWIRE reservations are for 'standard' rooms, there is no way to bid on an upgraded room 'larger room'... but if you let us know your expected budget, and date rate, we'll see if there are any viable options.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]