Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Sheraton Waikiki

jijiping
By jijiping,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages.

It's not too early to bid, although you probably want to stay within the lower range of what you think would be a reasonable expectation and not chase it too high at this point. See the 'Bid Early or Close to Check-in' link in our PRICELINE FAQ for a further discussion on this subject.

What is your expected maximum bid for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

we want to book 3 rooms. i am fine for the total cost less $250 but other two couples prefer to control the total less than $180. And i heard the bidding might be able to get a big discount. i've tried yesterday for waikiki beach and resort only for $130 but failed. keep trying today for 140 & 150

Are you bidding Resort or 4*?

Are you familiar with, and using, your re-bid zones? If not, see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, although if you're new to re-bidding it's highly recommended you ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and please click this PRICELINE link before replying.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i know i could rebid after changing region, star or date.

Correct, but are you familiar with re-bidding as specifically discussed in the link above?

We are not referring to expanding the zones you're willing to accept, but adding specific zones where you can't possibly win (since they only contain star levels lower than the star level you're bidding)... which essentially makes it as if you're only bidding on the original zone(s) you had selected. Are you familiar with re-bidding in this sense?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

our schedule is quite flexible, so i just change the check out date. i started 140 today and 150, got 155 for Sheraton Waikiki.

ready to bid for 3 nights on Maui now...

One more question, for this price it is city view room, i think. What if i want upgrate only my room to be ocean view, how much it will be and should i contact hotel, directly? Thanks.

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the dates of your stay (you didn't indicate if you extended or shortened your check-out date and we'd like to make sure we have it correct in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

PRICELINE and HOTWIRE reservations are for 'standard' rooms, if you're interested in an upgrade you can contact the hotel directly. Before doing so, i would see the price difference between their standard room and the room you want, as this would be a 'fair' price for the upgrade... anything less i would view as a good deal, anything more i would try to negotiate the rate down, explaining to the hotel you're willing to pay the difference between the two rates.

Enjoy your stay.

Now we checked in on 26 Jan and checked out on 30 Jan.

basically we have not finalized our vacation. we might stay on Maui for 4 days or just stay on Waikiki for 10 days...

Thanks for your informatiom about the upgrate. i will consider this after we finalized our vacation plan. will ask for help again later.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]