Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Miami (Airport MIA) Doubletree Hotel And Miami Airport Convention Center

Goldbeard
By Goldbeard,
in

I'm going to Priceline a hotel near the MIA airport on both 11/20 and 12/10 for 1 night each. I've never stayed in that area.

I checked Priceline to see each area and the stars. Can you recommend which areas to bid on for a good hotel near the airport.

It looks like #7 MIA, #2 Coral Gables or #4 MIA West/Doral may be good pics. Is there a better choice? Which area is the best choice. 4* is in my budget and I'll have 6 rebids.

Short taxi ride or hotel shuttle would be best. Nice hotel bar/restaurant would also be nice. Pool with pool bar would also be a bonus.

Thanks for any tips.

Good evening. :)

There's no way to ensure a particular amenity (pool or something more specific such as pool bar) or hotel style using PRICELINE. With HOTWIRE, one can make an educated guess as to which hotel is showing, but there may not be a hotel showing that fits a particular style. How far would you want to be (max) from MIA? (which zones would be acceptable?) Desired budget per night? Would the amenities listed above be a must?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The amenities aren't required. Budget is $100. 10 mile taxi/hotel shuttle is approximate max distance from MIA. Not sure which area to bid - hoping to get suggestions. Looking for nice area with good hotels and restaurant/bar. I don't know which areas are good or bad or which areas tend to get the good results on PL. Thanks.

For proximity to the airport i would suggest the Airport MIA zone, however, not sure how the 4* hotels here meet your other 'wants' in terms of pool, restaurant, shuttle, etc.

I would start with the Priceline Hotel List and research the previously reported 4* hotels in each of the zones you mentioned above to see if there are any zones where all the 4* hotels in the given zone meet your criteria ('all' since you can't choose which of the 4* hotels in the zone you'll likely get). While you could get a new 4* hotel not yet reported to the board (or a hotel previously reported but recently upgraded) this will at least give you a good sense of what is available in each area and which hotels/zones would best meet your needs for this trip.

Once you decide upon the zone(s) let us know and we can suggest a bidding strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please use separate threads for each leg of your stay. We'll use this thread for your Nov 20th stay, please start a NEW TOPIC for your return visit to the area. For Nov 20th:

When bidding 4* in Vegas you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Airport MIA...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think you have a good chance at success up to $90 in this zone, so why not that the above first, then if rejected, we'll research 3.5* hotel prices and revise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and please click this PRICELINE link before replying)

Thanks.

I bid MIA 4* up to $80 and didn't get a hit for 11/20. I didn't want to go over $80 because with the taxes and fees it's really $98 and my max was $100. So I dropped down to 3.5* and got the Doubletree Hotel and Miami Conv. Center for $65 ($81 with T&F) on the first try. I may have been able to get that for less if I started lower.

Thanks.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found something that works for both your needs and budget. Hope you're happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay... and your arrival chocolate chip cookie!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]