Las Vegas 1/6/11 to 1/8/11 compact

Marliny
By Marliny,
in

What's with the taxes/fees on car rentals? For the time period I am looking at which is not quite 2 days, my lowest price through conventional methods for a compact car is $27.66 + $10.47 in taxes ($38.13 total). If I start a Priceline bid even at $10/day my taxes and fees come to $24.74 (total of $44.74), so to get a total that was equal to my regular rental for a compact I would have to bid $6.69 / day just to equal my regular price. I am sure I wouldn't get it at that price, plus to justify Priceline I really would want to be under that price. Why are their taxes and fees so high compared to the car rental agencies directly? Hotwire is $54.21 total w/ fees.

Is your back-up car rental reservation on-site? If so (or not) thru what company did you reserve directly?

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board each time you access the respective site(s) and for your bidding, searches and travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]