AZ Phoenix Zona Hotel and Suites North Scottsdale

Mocha2009
By Mocha2009,
in

Background: I was able to book this resort through the Priceline - "Name your Bid" feature after researching accommodations in North Scottsdale and North Phoenix. The Xona Resort Suites (their former name) was my top choice in North Scottsdale so I was excited to "win" this resort. Shortly afterwards, I realized that not all of the rooms were suites so I sent an e-mail to the Operations Manager requesting a mini fridge and microwave in the room - I never received a response. Upon checking in, before I even mentioned the microwave and mini-fridge, the front desk personnel told us that they could only give us a standard room with two double beds - no fridge or microwave - OR we could upgrade for $20 per night into a King Suite. He mentioned that because we booked through Priceline we should have no problem paying the extra $80 for our stay. I did actually have an issue paying the extra $80 but we went ahead an upgraded to a King Suite at the extra cost. With the economy being as it is, I feel as though booking through third party sites is a win-win. Win for me as I am able to book incredible accommodations and win for the resort/hotel as they are able to book an otherwise empty room and potentially gain repeat loyal customers.

Our room was on the third floor in Building 2 with the bedroom overlooking the parking lot and hotel entrance/lobby, closest to the Bar and Grille which features live music on the weekends. Needless to say, quiet is not a word I will use to describe our stay. Between the noise from the bar and the parking lot noise, and the noise from people congregating along the walkway outside of the bedroom, peace and tranquility was not happening. Also adding to the ambiance was the construction - I failed to mention the renovations that were taking place in our building.

I mention all of the above for one reason - I felt like we were treated like red-headed stepchildren because we booked through Priceline. Once the front desk clerk mentioned Priceline and what we should or shouldn't expect because of it left me suspect regarding our room assignment even though we paid for our upgrade. Also, I honestly believe the resort should waive the resort fee for guests that are in the immediate vicinity of renovations and are subject to the seemingly endless drilling and hammering.

Now, with that said - I absolutely LOVE this place! The location was perfect - about 10 minutes from our family in North Phoenix with plenty of shopping, dining, and entertainment nearby. The room was spacious with a living room, full kitchen and bedroom. We had a balcony off the bedroom (facing the parking lot) and a balcony off of the living room. The kitchen was sufficiently stocked with the necessities and the bed was absolutely comfortable. The bathroom was stocked with Crabtree and Evelyn products. Large flat screen tv's in both the living room and bedroom were a bonus as well. The fitness room was well equipped and the resort has four pools and hot tubs. There was poolside service that was awesome. The staff was pleasant and knowledgeable. The resort is gorgeous, clean and very well maintained.

Lemons into Lemonade: Despite feeling a bit mistreated, we turned lemons into lemonade and really enjoyed our time at the Zona. We enjoyed the fact that we were close to the party atmosphere, steps from the pool and hot tub, close to the parking lot, etc. When the construction noise made sitting on the bedroom balcony unbearable, I moved to the balcony off the living room. But above all, the spectacular view of the sun setting behind the palm trees that line the resort was priceless. The Zona Hotel & Suites will definitely be our hotel choice when visiting the area and I would strongly recommend it to family and friends visiting the area!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]