Priceline Hotel: 3.5* San Diego (Downtown and Harbor Island) The Sofia

downey
By downey,
in

Started bidding several days ago at $50 and kept adding $5 until I got The Sofia Hotel. I was hoping to get one with a shuttle as we are just there over night.

Total with taxes and fees $92.44

Thursday, March 1, 2012 one night

Best suggestion for shuttle or taxi?

As always I started with your PRICELINE link ;o)

Congratulations on your success!

I'm not familiar with mass transit in this area, but it does appear that there is a train station about 5 blocks from the hotel and a cablecar(??) stop about 2 blocks from this hotel... if you don't have much luggage (and luggage is permitted on these modes of transport) you may want to inquire if both/either of these go to the airport.

Thank you using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List for this area.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 992 bus runs from the airport down Broadway where the Sofia is. The fare is $2.25 for regular folk, and $1.10 for seniors (60+). The bus stops at 2 or 3 stops at the airport. That being said, a cab to that part of downtown would probably run $10 or so, maybe less.

Thanks for that, I'll opt for the cab.

• 9 months later...

It's more about available inventory for a specific day then the bidding sequence or strategy used.

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. As well, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone, so there is a chance the hotel you're hoping for isn't the one which is offered for your particular dates.

If you'd like further help with this stay please continue your existing Priceline San Diego thread.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]