Omni Resort- Tucson

rc408
By rc408,
in

This was just posted on Travel Zoo:

The AAA 4-Diamond Omni Tucson National Golf Resort & Spa has a special of $89 per night, including unlimited FREE golf on their PGA-quality course for one person, for stays between now-Sept. 11. Pay just $20 more to get unlimited golf for two people.

$89 by itself is an incredible price for a resort of this caliber, and seeing that just one round of golf on this course is $65, it doesn't take long for this special offer to pay for itself!

Stays here put you on 650 acres in the foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains, and provide access to the Omni Tucson's 27-hole golf facility, which plays host to a PGA Tour's Chrysler Classic each February. Also enjoy the 4-star spa (Mobil), two pools, lighted tennis courts and three restaurants.

Blackouts are: June 18, June 25, and July 19-20. Book by June 24.

To Book: Click here or call 1-800-THE-OMNI (1-800-843-6664) and ask for the OMNIZOO promo and be sure to mention Travelzoo.

This is a great deal for anyone wanting to play golf in Tucson this summer -- certainly better than the priceline "room only" rate, given the cost of golf.

The only caveat I would make is that it's incredibly hot in Tucson this time of year, so you'd want to get up REALLY early to play. Sunrise is currently around 5 am, and I'd certainly want to be on the links by 6. Ouch! In my opinion, the late afternoon is too hot to play.

Having just returned from this hotel, I'll post a review in the appropriate section.

I agree, it is really hot this time of year in Tucson. For those thinking of taking this offer be aware that the first tee time is 7am. Why they don't start earlier is beyond me since at 7am it is already quite warm.

The masochist that I am I will be playing in July and August. :)

I agree, it is really hot this time of year in Tucson.  For those thinking of taking this offer be aware that the first tee time is 7am.  Why they don't start earlier is beyond me since at 7am it is already quite warm.

That's interesting. I'm guessing the "late" start is so as not to unduly disturb residents and hotel guests. I wonder if it's new -- I recall reading somewhere of a guest at the Omni National complaining about being awakened by golfers. Maybe he liked to sleep late. :)

While I like Tucson, I do think the summer heat greatly limits your ability to enjoy its great outdoors. In addition to golf, are you really going to get up at 5 am on vacation to enjoy a desert hike before it gets blazingly hot? Meanwhile, the afternoons are best suited for lunch and a siesta.

For anyone who is in town on the weekend, and wants to enjoy a desert experience, I would recommend the Desert Museum's "summer Saturdays" program, where after 5 pm they only charge 5 bucks and they have a whole evening schedule of activities. It's a very pleasant evening out.

The heat does get rather bad. The water park is a good attraction during the summer, especially for my son. I just got back into golf after about 10 years and am willing to sweat it out to play the Omni in July, and in August the El Conquistador. I was wondering about the late start and have a feeling you are right about not wanting to disturb the guests. Does anyone know of a discount golf booking site? I found one called EZLinks but don't know anything about them.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]