Hotwire Hotel: 2 1/2 - Help identify

taveler
By taveler,
in

Hi,

I need some help to indetify a 2 1/2* hotel in the Hoboken - Jersey City - North Bergen area.

The amenities are: Suite, smoke free rooms, complimentary breakfast, hi-speed internet

My dates are dec 26-30. The price for a room in the hotel is 110.82 and the costumer rating is 3,5.

Thanks!

Hi.

I am planning to travel from dec 26-30 and I am taking a look at the hotels on the Secaucus region. I've just opened Priceline name your own price and I am kind of lost since now they show some amenities... and this is new for me.

I am trying to identify the 3.5* hotel (I didn't even know there was a 3.5* hotel there!) on the secaucus-north bergen region for those dates.

The amenities are:

- pool

- pets allowed

- restaurant

- fitness center

- business center

- 8+

can someone please help me try to identify the hotel?

Thank you!!!!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread... we'll move your thread to a different area of the board if necessary once a hotel is purchased.

Another user commented that they saw amenities listed on PRICELINE's website but i have yet to see them, i suspect they are randomly trying this on select searches as a test to see how well it converts for them.

What exactly are you looking for from this stay and what is your budget... the first hotel you asked about is 2.5* rated and not likely in the part of Jersey City you would want to stay if this is a cheap alternative to Manhattan, and with the 4* hotel (which i suspect is the W Hoboken) well located, and a 4.5/5.0 Tripadvisor rating, i think that it would be worth the extra $20/nite.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't think PRICELINE is having you bid on a specific hotel, my guess is that they analyzed all hotels in given zone and star rating, and have shown as 'guaranteed' any criteria which is available/offered at all hotels of that star rating in the zone. For example, it wouldn't be too difficult to find a zone where all the 4* properties offered Restaurant, Fitness and Internet... so in such a zone PRICELINE shows these amenities as 'guaranteed' since they're traits of all hotels of that star rating in the zone.

Assuming there are three hotels at a given star rating in a given zone and the minimum prices are as follows:

HotelA: $75

HotelB: $80

HotelC: $85

PRICELINE doesn't know if you will be bidding $75, $78, $82, $85, $90, or $100, so how could they know at this point in the booking process which of these hotels you will receive? I suppose they could state that you'll receive the $75 hotel regardless of what amount you bid over $75, but i don't think this is likely as it woudln't give HotelB or HotelC any chance to win the business for this bid.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi.

I am planning to travel from dec 26-30 and I am taking a look at the hotels on the Secaucus region. I've just opened Priceline name your own price and I am kind of lost since now they show some amenities... and this is new for me.

I am trying to identify the 3.5* hotel (I didn't even know there was a 3.5* hotel there!) on the secaucus-north bergen region for those dates.

The amenities are:

- pool

- pets allowed

- restaurant

- fitness center

- business center

- 8+

can someone please help me try to identify the hotel?

Thank you!!!!

This seems to be a new method of listing available properties on PRICELINE. These amenities are guaranteed. I looked at the the map of the Secaucus North Bergen zone and it appears that the Sheraton Weehawken is just on the edge. Further, this hotel has all of these amenities. I can't say this is a lock, but I can't think of any other hotel in this zone with this amenity combination.

Please use the PRICELINE links on the board if you proceed.

PRICELINE doesn't know if you will be bidding $75, $78, $82, $85, $90, or $100, so how could they know at this point in the booking process which of these hotels you will receive? I suppose they could state that you'll receive the $75 hotel regardless of what amount you bid over $75, but i don't think this is likely as it woudln't give HotelB or HotelC any chance to win the business for this bid.

I believe you are correct if all of the hotels in a zone with the same star rating share the same subset of amenities. However in this example, I can't think of any other 3.5 * hotel in Secaucus North Bergen with this amenity combination.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]