Hotwire Hotel: 3* Bardstown Best Western General Nelson

wabash2001
By wabash2001,
in

I'm looking to visit family in Bardstown 12/24 - 12/26. I see a 3* on Hotwire with the following amenities:

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool(s)

Business Center

Here's the thing: Bardstown doesn't have 3* properties. I checked the "regular" booking rates Hotwire also lists, and it shows the Hampton Inn for $88/night. But it also lists it as a 2 1/2-star property. My gut says it's the Hampton Inn (a good option), but it could also be the Best Western?

Anyone have insight? Thanks!

Please follow-up your previous Priceline Boston thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at the offer above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This property has not yet been reported to the board, but if i were to take a guess, i think the Best Western General Nelson or the Hampton Inn are both possibilities among the likely candidates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

You can add a new hotel to your list. 3* Best Western General Nelson

I hesitated after my last post, hoping someone would identify the hotel. The option went away. Today, it came back, albeit a bit more expensive. I went ahead and booked 12/24-12/26 for $57/night (not great, since the website has it for about $10/night more w/out Hotwire fees).

The *listed* amenities include:

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool(s)

Business Center

This property is also 100% smoke-free, although this isn't listed in the Hotwire amenities.

I used the HOTWIRE link!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see it was one of the hotels guessed and you're pleased with the hotel received. While certainly not the biggest discount we've seen on a HOTWIRE purchase, bidding in smaller markets/rural areas can often be more difficult (and the savings not as much) as there is less competition and therefore hotels often may not discount as much (vs. their big city counterparts where there is a LOT of competition, as well as higher prices so more margin to discount)

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]