Hotwire Hotel: 3* New Orleans (Downtown) Hilton Garden Inn

Smitty20
By Smitty20,
in

Hotwire offering the above for $60 per night on 11/18-11/21. (I used the betterbidding HOTWIRE link)

3-star Hotel in Downtown New Orleans

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Based on the sticky, it appears this could be a Hilton Garden Inn. According to Hilton's website, the only Garden Inn is the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, which obivously is reffered to as a FQ hotel. Looking at its exact location, it does seen to fall in Hotwire's "Downtown" range. Could this be the hotel?

The Hilton Garden Inn DOES fall in the PL downtown location zone, it's located at 821 Gravier Street, but the ammenities you cite appear to match the Country Inn and Suites, NOT the HGI hotel (according to the HW List of Hotels on the BB Board). The moderators will be able to assist in helping you to identify the hotel, but wanted to post my thoughts for your review. Been trying for a January weekend so I've been diligently watching all of the possible PL or HW hotels and locations. Good luck!

The Hilton Garden Inn DOES fall in the PL downtown location zone, it's located at 821 Gravier Street, but the ammenities you cite appear to match the Country Inn and Suites, NOT the HGI hotel (according to the HW List of Hotels on the BB Board). The moderators will be able to assist in helping you to identify the hotel, but wanted to post my thoughts for your review. Been trying for a Janauary weekend so I've been diligently watching all of the possible PL or HW hotels and locations. Good luck!

Copied from the "pinned" thread:

3* Country Inn and Suites

Amenities: Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Laundry

3* Hilton Garden Inn

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business, Laundry

You're better than me, I think I got them a bit mixed up! That's why I always rely on the moderators comments, but I'm interested to know if it's the Hilton Garden Inn. Available for my dates in Janauary, too, but felt it wasn't the HGI. Let me know what you book!

Just called the hotel to add my HHonors to my reservation and while they applied it, I was a little disappointed to learn that I cant make a request for a non-smoking room or king bed since booking though Hotwire. Has anyone had trouble getting a non-smoking room at the time of check-in?

Really a crap shoot. Are you a GOLD or DIAMOND HH member? If so, that helps sometimes. Usually the reservationist says they will note the preference, with no guarantees on availability. I try, if possible, to check in earlier in the afternoon to try and get the best options you want. Have a good trip and keep us posted!

Just called the hotel to add my HHonors to my reservation and while they applied it, I was a little disappointed to learn that I cant make a request for a non-smoking room or king bed since booking though Hotwire. Has anyone had trouble getting a non-smoking room at the time of check-in?

Bed type and smoking/NS is not guaranteed with PRICELINE/HOTWIRE. While smoking/NS is generally a fairly easy request on PRICELINE/HOTWIRE reservations, some hotels may not take requests in advance and there may be instances in busy areas where smoking is the only room available. You may want to try again a day or two in advance; if that doesn't work, then hopefully they will have a NS room available at check-in. Bedding type is a more difficult request with the discount services, especially if a bedding type is a paid upgrade.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]