I'm looking at this property..

4-star Hotel in Downtown New Orleans

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

I'm thinking it's the Sheraton on Canal Street? I was hoping to wait for a good deal on the Westin or Omni Royal in French Quarter, but this seems like a decent deal.

Thanks for the input!

What was the rate and dates you were looking at? I'm tracking dates for 1/14/12 - 1/16/12 in another thread, and the best I've found so far (bidding up to $75/night on PL) is on lastminutetravel.com, with a $78.93/night rate for the newly remodeled Hyatt Regency (by the Superdome so a long hike to the Quarter).

What was the rate and dates you were looking at? I'm tracking dates for 1/14/12 - 1/16/12 in another thread, and the best I've found so far (bidding up to $75/night on PL) is on lastminutetravel.com, with a $78.93/night rate for the newly remodeled Hyatt Regency (by the Superdome so a long hike to the Quarter).

Sorry I left that out! I'm looking at 12/17-12/20. From the previous posts, it looks like it could be Sheraton?

Looks like that to me because the Sheraton listing includes the no smoking ammenity on the BB list of hotels. I know the moderators are busy today with the web site upgrade. Was there a HW price? I'm seeing $114/night for a similar (not identical) listing for my dates in January.

Thought I would let you both know - We now have bicycle carts to ride in and they really help when staying nearer Canal and wanting to get to the heart of Quarter. Prices are hard to understand and seem to be whatever you want to give the driver/pedler.....they will come back for you at a certain time which is nice.

Also from Hilton there is a train that comes by hourly and is a buck or so - it has a stop at French Market.

Now that I live here, it's nothing to walk 10 blocks or more but it used to tire me badly when I first started visiting. If the weather is nice, the walk is nice.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]