Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* San Juan Sheraton Old San Juan

ljandiernp
By ljandiernp,
in

Hi, I don't think I am correctly identifying the hotel option being offered to me. Using your links I have been to HOTWIRE to book a 3 night stay post cruise in San Juan. The dates are Feb 18-21 (departure AM 21st) and I eliminated all but the San Juan options (unchecked Rio Grande, Dorado, and SJ south). The best offer that I have is a 3 star for $98.00 with the following ammenities: airport shuttle, business center, complementary breakfast, fitness center, pools, restaurants, and smoke free rooms. The best option I could find on this site's info was the embassy suites, however I would not say that their location would be within the requested area. Am I correct in this and if not, can you assist me to ID this hotel option? I really prefer to be closer to Old SJ. Thank you, Laurie

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm not currently seeing this property offered when searching HOTWIRE for your dates... are you still seeing the above on your own search? If so, are you searching HOTWIRE for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0children?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Good day, yes, I just repeated the search using 2 adults, 1 room, 2/18/12-2/21/12 and got the same results, however I have unintentionally missled you. I just noticed that I used the "hotel features" in the selection sidebar thinking that was the amenities offered; upon looking now I realized my eror. The actual amenities for this location are smoke-free rooms and pool(s), no more. My apologies for my error; I have ever used Hotwire before so I am learning; I am using your HOTWIRE link. Thank you, Laurie

This property has not yet been reported to the board, but i just researched this same amenity set for another user and believe this may be the Le Consulat, and that would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, thanks for this information; based on the reviews I don't believe this is where I would want to stay. From what I have read here I would guess that to get a particular location I would have to research the amenities of the hotels in the narrow area that I prefer to be and then place them in the search to narrow my options. It would seem as though what I want isn't available for my dates if that is the case. Do you have any suggestions for bidding at Priceline to get myself located in Old San Juan area? As best I can tell I can't narrow it any more than the whole coastline from Carolina to OSJ. If that is the case then I might as well go back to the drawing board at HOTWIRE and see what comes up a little further out from OSJ. My first priority for this trip would be to be located close to Old San Juan and the historical locations and restaurants. Since I don't plan to spend a ton of time at the hotel a nice basic room with a pool or beach option would be fine (aware that OSJ and beach are not a a very compatable choice but if I can't be downtown then would like to be on the beach); I'd like to spend less than 150.00 per night and 3 star is probably fine for my needs although if I scored a 3.5 at that price I'd be elated! Thanks, Laurie

The issue that you're going to face is that only two reported HOTWIRE hotels, Sheraton Old San Juan and Hotel El Convento, are located in Old San Juan, and since HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star rating per zone, there is a good chance that neither of these hotels will appear for your dates.

If you're not willing to pay retail rates then it will become a trade-off between what you want vs. your budget.

As well, a bigger problem is that the Sheraton Old San Juan is currently showing sold-out for the nite of Feb 18, so the chances of this hotel appearing on HOTWIRE are now even lower (assuming the hotel remains sold-out between now and your dates of travel). Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option, as what appears to be to be the Sheraton Old San Juan seems to be available for the last two nites of your stay.

Thank you for your assistance; it was definately not booked on the 18th as using the HOTWIRE links here I was able to get an offer that I found acceptable in order to be in OSJ. The 18th was high-about $225.00 but the other 2 nights were $139.00 and this was worth it to me to be in the Old city proper. I felt it was an acceptable compromise. Kind regards, Laurie

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were able to piece this trip together and received the hotel you were hoping for. Incidentally, the Sheraton is still showing sold-out on their website for the nite of Feb 18; it's not unheard of to win/purchase a hotel where the website shows sold-out, but it's much more the exception then the rule.

We've used this thread to reflect your purchase for 2/19-2/21, can you please add a NEW TOPIC to the board for your 2/18 purchase, and in that thread, and in a reply to this thread, include the amenities associated with the property you purchased... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]