Priceline Hotel: Advice Wanted - Wanting 5* Hotel on Strip 11/17-11/20

Stick2005
By Stick2005,
in

Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster. Looking for advice from travelers more savvy than me. I am taking my wife for a trip to Las Vegas to get away from our kids for a long weekend. As such we are really wanting a nice property for the trip. We are thinking that the strip would be nice.

In checking Hotwire, it appears we can get Trump for $117 per night. No other 5* are showing up for our dates.

Here my question: Should I just lock in the Trump and be happy with it or should I go the Priceline route?

Thanks!

What dates are you looking at going? The moderators will have excellent advice on bidding strategy you might employ. My comment is related to the PL vs. HW sites. I like PL as you usually will have the opportunity to bid lower for better rated hotels (but, of course, no guarantees). Hotel inventory changes quickly so it depends on how far out your dates are for your trip and whether you really would like to get the Trump or take a bit of a risk during your bidding. It's really a personal preference. I always try to book a refundable hotel at a price I could live with, then have fun bidding on PL and watching HW to see if I can get a real steal. Often works, but sometimes I've been stuck and wish I would've taken the HW up front. Good luck and happy bidding!

It really depends upon how you feel about the Trump vs. staying directly on the strip.

Would you be willing to pay more for a 5* hotel on the strip vs. the Trump OR would you only stay elsewhere else for the same price? How much of your activities will be around just enjoying the hotel vs. exploring Vegas?

If different from the $117 rate at the Trump, what would be your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]