Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (Waikiki Marina) The Modern

loya
By loya,
in

The Modern Honolulu for $116/per night.

Bid at $98, then PL suggested me to go for $116, which got accepted.

Looks like this one is not on the hotel list. Anyone got this before? Is it good? Also how do I know what kind of room I will get? Shall I contact the hotel or priceline for the room info? Do I need to pay resort fee for this one?

Thanks.

Congrats on your success and Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Very good deal for this Oahu property, and thank you for letting us know about this new PRICELINE property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List.

PRICELINE reservations are for regular/non-upgraded rooms - you can call the hotel to ask about room specifics; a room may not have been assigned by the hotel yet, though.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

I believe this property is Resort rated by PRICELINE and have edited your topic title accordingly... can you please check your winning bid confirmation page and indicate if it states that your 4* bid was upgraded to a Resort class property?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I checked my confirmation letter and it didn't mention it is an upgrade. It just said "Congratulations. We just booked your stay at the The Modern Honolulu for just $116 a night."

What does Resort rated mean? Is it better than a 4*? Do I need to pay Resort fee?

On the confirmation page do you see an image (its likely orange) with 4 stars on it (it would show 4 actual stars, such as: ****) OR any image (again, orange in color) that says "Resort".

"Resort' class properties are rated higher than 4* hotels, but less than 5* hotels. While resort fees may be slightly more common at hotels which are rated 'resort', hotels at any star level can/do charge resort fees, nor does the fact that a hotel is rated 'resort' mean that it will necessarily charge a resort fee.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]