Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Central Park South) Le Parker Meridien

cny1
By cny1,
in

I have used better bidding to do priceline reasearch for years and have finally decided to participate from my end. I have had great success with priceline ..especially inNew york. However, I am having a tough time getting a room for 11/11-11/13. The prices seem quite high even though I realize November is a high month for NYC. Also, we will be 2 adults and one child. I have never , in any city, had a problem with this using priceline but am afraid that the busy weekend will cause a problem. I usually bid MTE and have gotten Grand Hyatt several times at great rates and also the Intercontinental Barclay. I would be more than happy with either but have noticed several W wins and am afraid to risk MTE and get a Queen bed at the W. If W is likely, I would prefer MTW, CPS, or any other 4* except downtown. HOw high do you think I will have to go to get 4*? ALready went up to $200 bidding MTE and CPS but have not tried in about a week. Thanks!

Welcome (offiicially) to BetterBidding!

Now that you've registered (it was painless, right :) ) we hope that you decide to share your wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information, just as you have been helped by those who posted before you.

How old is your child?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and please read your messages.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I wouldn't recommend using PRICELINE for triple occupancy... if your child was 5-6 years old and you could 'get away with' having him/her sleep on a non-pullout couch, chair/ottaman, (or on the floor if in a pinch) the maybe, but the risk is just too great, imo, of landing a room with only one bed. Even if you get a hotel which does have 'standard' rooms with two beds, there is no assurance that you'll be able to receive such a room, especially on a busy weekend such as this one where occupancy will be high.

Searching HOTWIRE for 2adults/1child will cost you a little more than PRICELINE, but you'll be assured of bedding for your entire family.

Ultimately it's your decision how much risk you're willing to accept. If you're looking for an cheaper alternative, you may want to consider Hoboken/Jersey City where a 4* hotel for 2adults/1child can be had for $150/nite, and easy commute into Manhattan via PATH train (unless yo receive the Sheraton Suites, which i didn't think this offering is, in which case you'd commute by bus, but still fairly easy)

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll try to assist further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Assuming we are wiling to "risk it", what would bid do you think it will take in MTW, CPS, ESB, MTE? WE have had great luck with winning bids in, for example hyatts, starwood, intercontiniental etc, and presenting our honors/rewards cards or numbers and requesting a 2 bedded room. I know there is no guarantee but I think it may be worth the gamble.

.. and please read your messages.
2x
what would bid do you think it will take in MTW, CPS, ESB, MTE?
I'm guessing that a 4* hotel in the zones you've indicated will take ~$240-$260 to be successful (of course i'd start lower and work your way up, but i think you'll need to get into this general area to be successful). However, i'll point out that HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel when searching for 2adults/0children in the ESB zone with only an Internet icon showing for $225. Can't be too certain with just a solo Internet icon showing, but my best guess for this property is St Giles The Court. If you're interested in a 4* hotel in this area you might want to adjust your maximum bid accordingly since this would be a viable option as your bidding hit $225 and higher.

Let us know you'd like to proceed and we'll try to assist further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I dont see anything on Hotiwre coming p in the ESB zone. I do see a 4* midtown central for 224. The amenities are boutique, business and hich speed internet....which does not seem to match any of the pinned. Closest is the Shoreham ,,but the hotwire does not list restaurant. Any idea?

The 4* MTC property has not yet been identified, the Shoreham with a 'missing' Restaurant icon has been one guess, although my guess is that this could possibly be the Mansfield upgraded to the 4* level.

I'm stilling seeing a 4* ESB property, but only when searching for 2adults/0children (as you stated above you were willing to take the double occupancy risk)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I am now seeing a Midtown East 4* with Fitness, Restaurant, Business and High Speed INternet for $289 with 95% HOTWIRE approval rating. Any way distinguish which one this is? Oh and I put in 2 adults and 1 child. I decided if I can get a decent rate on Hotwire with the 2 adults and 1 child then I will use HOTWIRE . If not, I will gamble and use PRICELINE. This price seems pretty good for this weekend though. I got spoiled by getting the Grand Hyatt and Intercontineltal several times for only 105!

A number of properties have been seen with this amenity set, including the Inter-Continental, Alex, W, Doubletree Met and Omni.

Thank you for using the site's <a href="http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=33" target="_blank">HOTWIRE</a> or <a href="http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=40" target="_blank">PRICELINE</a> links to start your purchases and searches.

I think another $20-$25 may do it on PRICELINE, but if you go higher and are not successful, keep in mind HOTWIRE currently has a 4* hotel in the ESB zone for $244 with just a solo Hi-Speed Internet icon. While you can never be too sure with just one amenity icon, especially one as common as this, but the St Giles The Court has previously been seen with this amenity set so that would be my best guess for this one. The St Giles The Court has not yet been reported to the board thru PRICELINE since they took over this property from the W Hotel chain, so keep this price in mind to make sure you don't bid more than you need to if your slightly higher bids are rejected in the near future.

SHoudl I be concerned that the hotel Hotwire shows is 4.5 rating on tripadvisor and the St Giles has a 4 raing at the moment? Is there another hotel that it might be?

Yes, it can always be another hotel... especially when HOTWIRE only shows a single Internet icon to describe the hotel, an amenity common to just about every 4* hotel in the city. However, the TA info shown by HOTWIRE is not updated in real time, so the TA rating may have changed since HOTWIRE's last update (which occurs about once per month). Furthermore, if this is a different hotel, how bad could it be with a 4.5/5.0 user rating from TA?

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

I am still trying! I saw the recent low bids whcih were accepted and tried again for MTE hoping for the Grand Hyatt. I started at the 135 which I saw posted as a win last night and up to the 161 which was also just posted and NO luck. ANy ideas? I had previously bid up to 260 and no luck but was given hope by the recent low wins.

Since earlier today a user won a hotel for 11/11 at $160 and another user won a different hotel for 11/12 at $161, it's possible that neither hotel has availability for both nites, but each has availability for different nites. I realize this is only a one nite stay, but is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Finally! Le Parker Meridian $170. Quite happy after bidding 100 more last week with no success. Still baffled why I did not get Grand Hyatt MTE after seeing several wins at lower prices today. I used up all but one of my rebids while aiming for MTE and the Hyatt today, tried again tonight adding final rebid and MTE at 165..rejected, added CPS and won at 170. Now only worry is one bed (and reported construction noise)! Location looks great and price, while higher than my usual priceline wins, is a treat compared to the price I thought I was going to have to pay for this weekend. Thanks for all of your help.

Congrats on your success. :)

Very, very nice result for this 4* NYC property. Glad you are pleased with the result and are looking forward to your stay. If you need two beds, I would call/write in advance and put in a "request".

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]