CA Bakersfield Doubletree

rc408
By rc408,
in

One night stay 6/11/05. $48 through Priceline

I was worries about reports of a renovation and being awoken early by noise but they were almost complete. It looked like roof tiles were the last of it. Being there on a Saturday night I'm sure is why there was no construction the next morning.

The hotel was sold out so my friend and I were stuck with a king bed. We paid an additional $15 for a roll-away which was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly with no mention of Priceline except when I asked for a possible upgrade to a two bedroom suite. They said that it is a pre-paid room and they can't (won't) upgrade us. We got two warm cookies at check in and my airline mileage card was entered, I'll see if I actually get the points. Some hotels will and some won't; it's just a bonus if I get the credit :) .

The room was nice, clean and looked freshly renovated. The view was of the pool which was not that big. There is also a jacuzzi which we did not use. The hotel has a restaurant, room service and a night club. We didn't eat there but we did go to the club. Guests get in free and the place was packed until closing at 1am. Lots of dancing and drinking with an average age of about 30.

The parking lot was full and a lot of people had to park on the street. This was probably due to a wedding taking place that night as when we got back at 3:30 am the parking lot had many open spaces.

The hotel looked nice with the renovation, though I didn't see it before. I would definitely stay here again, especially at Priceline rates.

Pictures are posted at Realhotelphotos.com.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]