Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Fort Lauderdale (Fort Lauderdale Downtown - Cruise Port - Convention Center) Crowne Plaza Hotel Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise

garda
By garda,
in

Hi,

I will need your help in bidding for a 4 night stay ( pre-cruise) for 2 rooms.

We prefer DOWNTOWN FLL 3* hotels but we don't mind staying FLL Beach either 3 or 4. I have verified some hotels and they range from $ 219 to $299. We would like to pay max $ 100. Is this possible for February? We would also like to rent a car for that period and I have no clue of what to do!

I would appreciate your suggestions on the amount we should be bidding for both the hotel and the car rental. Also, if you have any suggestions if we should be bidding a different zone would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help

I'm a member, not a moderator. But thought I'd make a few comments before a moderator responds.

One good start for your research is to check what HOTWIRE has to offer. There is a link in the upper left corner. While one can usually do a little better bidding via PRICELINE, the HOTWIRE numbers help to define a ceiling. I don't know if the area is one you'd like, but Hotwire did have a 3 1/2* for $83 for your dates - the Weston - Plantation - Davie area. Also with Hotwire, the moderators will help you by making an educated guess as to just which hotel you might receive if you post the amenities, dates and $$.

With the rental car, parking expenses can be an issue. I'd guess one would pay it for downtown FLL. You might want to check into that before bidding. I know one of the airport hotels often received via PRICELINE bidding does charge for parking - $12 a day last time I was there.

At the same time, access to the car makes lots of more distant Priceline zones workable - even other adjacent cities.

You will want to post for the auto rental in the separate Auto areas toward the end of this site.

Romelle

Now you are bidding way too low. We are very familiar with FTL. For the hotels you are looking at, the going rates are around the $200 rate. You are looking at peak season. You won't get those hotels for half off during peak season unless....you wait to book 2 or 3 weeks in advance and try to bag a last minute vacancy.

Our m.o. is to book something we can live with that is cancelable. Then as the dates needed approach we start bidding or use Hotwire to find a real deal. Most often something will pop. :)

• 4 years later...

Thank you for closing this thread and sharing your previous win with the board.

Please try to remember to post your wins as you receive them so that the information can help other users in a timely manner, as well as helping to keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope you had a good trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]