Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip North) Venetian

hutchisontk
By hutchisontk,
in

I'm trying to get venetian for 11/11-11/14 weekend. understand rebidding but one of the forums said there are only 5 re-bid regions for 5* vegas. I'm counting 9 so now afraid that i'm missing something. I'm counting Boulder, Fremont, Hendersin, Lake LSV, Airport, Convention Center, NW las vegas, Near LSV East and Near LSV West.

Help--What are the rebid regions??

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Not that you can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. As well, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone, so there is a chance the hotel you're hoping for isn't the one which is offered for your particular dates.

Regarding re-bid zones, not sure which thread(s) you were reading, but when bidding 5* in Las Vegas you actually have ELEVEN re-bid zones. See this thread, Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, and feel free to confirm your re-bid zones and/or ask any questions you have. If you read the previous thread and are confused just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Once you have your re-bid zones confirmed, if you'd like help with a bidding strategy let us know your maximum bid for this stay and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello

I'm looking for bidding advice for 11/11-11/14 trip to Vegas. My wife really wants to stay in Venetian but Palazzo would be ok also. Not quite sure how the rebidding works or if I'm doing it right. Calendar of Wins shows quite a few in my pricerange, but I've tried bidding throughout that range and I've had no success.

I'd sure appreciate some advice on best approach. I'm hoping to get it for ~$125.

I understand that I'm open to any 5* hotel in the region. I'm looking for bidding advice for 11/11-11/14 trip to Vegas. My wife really wants to stay in Venetian but Palazzo would be ok also. Not quite sure how the rebidding works or if I'm doing it right. Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins shows quite a few in my price range, but I've tried bidding throughout that range and I've had no success.

I'd sure appreciate some advice on best approach. I'm hoping to get it for ~$125

If you're unable to determine the ELEVEN re-bid zones you have when bidding 5* in Las Veags, try the following:

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter Las Vegas and your dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest star rating offered in the zone is by selecting the first zone i the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time you take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

4) post your findings and we'll take it from there

If you don't follow the above just post back and we'll break it down further.

Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins shows quite a few in my price range, but I've tried bidding throughout that range and I've had no success.

Rates are date specific, i'm assuming the wins you're seeing in the Strip North zone at the $125 area are not for the same exact dates as your own? Hotel rates in Vegas can often be 2x-3x more on the weekends then mid-week, and given 2 out of 3 nites of your dates are for weekend dates, it will likely take more than when others have won for mostly mid-week nites or for stays when rates were cheaper then they are for your own dates. At the moment, i'm guessing a 5* hotel in the Strip North zone will cost ~$140-$165 for these nites.

Let us know if you're willing to increase your maximum bid, and if so, how high, we'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I investigated further and as i suspected, the wins at the $125 area included the nite(s) before your stay and only overlapped some of your dates, those wins weren't for the same exact dates as your own. As well, the win at $170 is for the same exact dates as your own, and was won just 3 days ago, so as long as that user bid strategically, i suspect you'll need to be closer to $170 than to $120.

If you've been able to determine your ELEVEN re-bid zones (feel free to confirm them with the board before bidding), you can try as follows:

Select 5* Strip North...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

If you and your wife are willing to change hotels, perhaps you could bid for the 5* just for the Sunday night when it would be much less expensive, and then pursue a more reasonable 4* for the Friday and Saturday nights? The Venetian is amazingly like the real Venice (except it smells better), but I think the 4* hotels are fun and unique and interesting too.

Romelle

Thanks for the advice and I may try the 4* options. Do you recommedn North/South strip?? Obviously we'd rather not have to change hotels, but that is an option. I'll let you know how it works out.

Tim

I think in your situation, I'd nail Sunday night at the Venetian and then decide whether I wanted the Friday/Saturday night hotel to be in the same general area or the opposite. I know I'd pick the opposite, just to get the chance to explore more territory, but that is just me.

You might take a look at the list of hotels - first post in the Nevada area - and see if you are more attracted to one list than the other.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]