Help out a Newbie

caracal911911
By caracal911911,
in

Hello guys, I came across this forum and see that you guys know a lot about deals, and how to use the options, so I decided to sign up and join.

I am trying to rent a car in Michigan from any random location (doesn't have to be airport) from the date of 11/20/2011 - 11/28/2011. . I am looking for an economy car (So pretty much the cheapest deal I can find)

I have never used the bidding or making my own price option before, so this would be my first so I am turning to you guys for help.

What would a normal price, and what would be considered a great deal for my situation after taxes and fees with the cheapest deal ?

What kind of price should I place a bid with ?

How long does it usually take to get a response after a bid ?

Thank You in advance

Welcome to BetterBidding... we're glad you found us! :)

You'll get a response almost immediately (usually in less than 60 seconds)

To confirm, you're looking for a rental in/around the Detroit area?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can only make one bid for the same dates, location and car class every 24 hours. Since you have some time, i'd start with:

Select DTW Economy and bid $12.

If rejected, wait 24 hours and increase your bid by $2 until you reach $18 over the next 3-4 days.

Please return to the board and use the PRICELINE links here to begin your bidding each time (and not from any emails PRICELINE sends informing you that you're eligible to bid again)

Any question feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck! Keep us updated along the way and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The airport locations are usually your best option because of the number of cars available and the number of different rental car companies in the same location, but that really limits you to DTW (Detoit Wayne County Int'l airport) in Southeast Michigan. If you are in a specific city you can check the PL retail inventory to see if cars exist, then click on the "name your own price" to see if it's allowed for that city. If so, follow Thereuare's advice for bidding at a location nearer to where you'd be located (and most likely less of a hassle than getting dropped off at an airport location). If your location doesn't allow name your own price bidding, you may be stuck with the DTW airport location. Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]