Priceline Hotel: Bidding advice for 3-5 Feb 2012 - Las Vegas

xre
By xre,
in

Hi,

This is a continuation of a successful bid from two weeks ago, where we booked 3 rooms at $75 a night at Mirage between January 30th and February 3rd (Monday-Friday). We are now looking to bid for the Friday+Saturday nights (3rd and 4th of February), and would like to receive bidding advice.

As a backup we have a booking at Imperial Palace for $73 a night which can be cancelled without charge up to January 31st. We would like to stay at a better property if possible.

Our criteria:

3 rooms (6 guys)

MUST be on the strip (though we are willing to gamble with getting Westin, I suppose)

4* or higher

max budget $90 per night.

What sort of properties are we realistically looking at here with our budget? Please go ahead with a bidding strategy straight away nonetheless.

If we don't successfully land a bid, is it possible that the bid will succeed in 1 weeks time? 2 weeks? in November?

Thanks again, and we've been using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for all of our searches and purchases.

The moderators will be able to help you structure a bidding protocol for the best approach to this request. My comment is on the timing of bidding. With hotel inventory constantly changing, it's difficult to predict whether more or less inventory will be available in the future. I like to bid consistently over time once my dates are confirmed, and when I am certain on my dates and sure that i'm willing to lose a great hotel deal if something pops up where I cannot make it. Good luck!

Your $90 budget for these weekend nites is a bit of a reach, imo, so i don't see any risk at trying to bid now, as if you are successful, there is probably little downside to rates heading too much lower.

At the 4* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: Summerlin is not a re-bid zone when bidding 4* in this area)

Select 4* Strip North...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Strip South...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Strip North and Strip South...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks - if we were to up our max budget to around $110 - would that make a difference?

You could try the pattern thereuare suggested. Then, that is not successful, just add $20 to each of the numbers the next day. Or add $10 one day, and if that doesn't work add $20 the next day.

One really never knows when that last $1 will be the one that does it.

Alternatively, you could stay at the current level for a while before going higher.

If you get any sort of counter-offer, ignore it and start inching up with small increments.

Romelle

You could try the pattern thereuare suggested...

If you get any sort of counter-offer, ignore it and start inching up with small increments.

Why not try the above first, then if rejected determine the next course of action.

While bidding you could receive a counter-offer which would add insight into what it might take for these dates, which we could then be incorporated into the next phase of the bidding strategy. :)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]