Priceline Hotel: HELP!!! PARIS 4* OR 5*

ms_amazin87
By ms_amazin87,
in

Link for PRICELINE is in the upper right corner of this page. I've been to Paris a dozen times and lots of areas are near the main tourist areas, especially if you consider how easy the Metro is to get around. We usually try to stay around the Les Halles/Opera East or West areas, but they are usually more expensive than other areas. The moderators will be able to help you pick the best areas for the best prices. Check the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins link above, check you days and see what others might have been able to get for good prices. Staying in cheaper areas will still let you get around and enjoy your trip saving money. Good luck!

The most frequently bid zones are:

Champs Elysees - Arc De Triomphe

Eiffel Tower - Porte De Versailles - Montparnasse

St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse

I would start with these to see how they work for your plans and the things you intend to see/do and proceed from there.

Once you have determined if these, and/or other, zones work for your needs we'll suggest a bidding strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Maybe consider the two Opera areas as well. They are very centrally located but higher priced.

Also, I see the Novotel Gare de Lyon has been a win for around $100 in the Bercy/Gare de Lyon zone. I don't know the hotel, and you are not guaranteed that hotel anyway, but it is very well located. The line one metro/RER/train station are right there and line one goes past lots of the tourist areas. Novotel is listed as a 4 star, but every Novotel I've been in would be more like a 3 star, in the USA. The other hotel that appears as a win there is the Pullman Bercy, which is very highly rated, and in a trendy neighborhood. Metro connections are not as good though.

I personally would not choose Batignolle/Montmartre/ Republique zone. It could be fine but Montmartre is more difficult for metro and has some questionable areas, Republique is where public demonstrations normally start, and in general, those areas are more likely to have "difficult" neighborhoods. It's fine in the daytime as a tourist though. (Pere Lachaise)

La Defense is too far out for tourists on their first visit to Paris, in my opinion. Great if you are in that area for business, or if you want to head out to Giverny.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]