Priceline Hotel: Napa 3* Hotel - PL Hotel ID help?

hohogap
By hohogap,
in

We are assessing our winter vacation plans between Germany and Northern California (Napa/Sonoma). Hotel price will play a major role in our decision. I think i can get a 3* in Napa for under $65/nite. I see only the Embassy Suites (fantastic win if correct) or the Best Western Ivy as the only listed 3* hotels in the Napa specific region for PL wins reported to the Board. Any thoughts on which hotel is most likely to be awarded? I've looked at past wins in 2011 for these general dates and both hotels appear. I know I could split the dates and hope for an extension offer if I get the Embassy Suites, but if it's the BW Ivy that I win then I'd prefer to focus on Santa Rosa hotels for the full 4 days as that area appears to be the best priced for this region.

Thanks for any assistance, and, as always, all searches, bids and wins are done through the BB web site PRICELINE links!!!

Did you look on the retail side of Priceline for the 3* Napa hotels? While all those hotels won't necessarily show up on the bidding side, it could give you an idea of some more possibilities. Also, one can get a hotel that isn't on the retail side AND hasn't been reported yet on the bidding side.

You probably know this already, but wanted to be sure - your possibilities aren't limited to the Embassy Suites and the Napa Hotel.

Romelle

Yes, understood, but thanks for keeping me focused. I keep thinking all wins would be reported to the Board! On the retail side the BW Ivy lists at $103 +/-; and the Embassy Suites for $160 +/-. When reviewing the BB list of wins for PL hotels, these are the two 3* hotels previously reported to the Board as wins for the Napa Region of the Napa/Sonoma area. Probably a crap shoot on which one comes up, although last February 2011 the Embassy Suites was reported as a win on PL at $80. No BW Ivy wins in the 2-18 to 2-25-11 timeframe. Thanks for all of your assistance and help on the Board, and, as always, all of my searches, bids and wins are done through the BB Board links!

Do the retail prices noted above provide any guidance on the prospective hotel that a PL bid would award at this price for these dates? That is, is it more likely that the lower priced hotel on the PL retail side is the hotel that will have the lower price on the opaque side?

The hotel with the lower retail rate is NOT a good indication of the one which you will receive. If one hotel is priced at $400/nite and the other at $100/nite, then yes, the $100 is the more likely of the two... but if one is at $139 and the other at $179, then there is little correlation as to which you would receive.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]