TX Dallas Holiday Inn Bedford DFW Airport West Hurst-Euless-Bedford

poodleone
By poodleone,
in

When we lived in the area, we watched this Holiday Inn go through many changes, including a total refurb. So it was with some concern that I got this hotel for my $40 Priceline bid. We had Game 2 ACLS Ranger/Tampa Bay tickets and bid the day before. Arrived right at 3PM check in and it was obvious that the hotel was full of Texas AM/Arkansas fans (game that day) as well as many Dallas Cowboy fans (Sunday game). Check in was very smooth- only glitch was we had to take a smoking room (hadn't done that in many a year). Turned out not to really bother us- DH said he had to turn his pillow over during the night because he started smelling the smoke-that was about it. Could smell a slightly smoky aroma in the 3rd floor hallway the next morning but not awful, just there.

Hotel is a typical Holiday Inn except they actually have a restaurant/bar but no free breakfast. Not a big deal for us since we are mainly about coffee in the room but could be a problem for folks with kids. Construction on Hwy 183 (Airport Fwy) is massive and on-going but we know the area so getting on Hwy 157/Industrial Blvd (straight shot to Arlington) was not too difficult. Despite being jammed packed with sports fans, it was fairly quiet. Nice king bed, very basic bathroom with older shower/tub and small sink area in the same bathroom. It had also been awhile since I stayed in a room that didn't automatically have a microwave- we didn't need on, there are rooms in the hotel that have them- but again, folks with kids could be surprised.

This would not be my first choice in the area- the refurb didn't chage the actually size/design of the rooms but it was plesant enough for last minute accomodations.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]