TX Austin Holiday Inn Express Austin North-Pflugerville Round Rock

poodleone
By poodleone,
in

Originally, we were bidding on Priceline for a Round Rock 3* but eventually got this hotel (actually in Pflugerville) for $54 a night on Hotwire. Close enough! It is a refurb Quality Inn and on the highway so I was immediately a little concerned. Turned out to be fine. The rooms are nicely done with a separate living/mini-kitchen area and a typcial HIE bathroom (good shower/tub) with sink out in the bedroom area. Bed was quite comfortable, plenty of pillows, blanket, not comforter. The location is a typical busy I-35/feeder road intersection- there's a chicken/BBQ place doing lots of business next door but we didn't get a chance to try it. The morning breakfast was actually quite good as those things go- pre-cooked cheese omlettes, sausage, grave, biscuits, cereal, bread goods, etc. Check in/check out was smooth and friendly. DH loved the larger screen TV's in both living and bedroom areas.

My only real complaints were how loud the cleaning/maintenance staff was out in the hallways before 9AM (I wasn't asleep but if I had been trying to sleep, it would have been difficult) and the old AC unit that cycles off and on all night- very noisy!

Overall, I wouldn't pick this area or hotel just because there are better locations/newer hotels but I wouldn't have a problem staying there again if I needed to.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]