Hotwire Hotel: Looking for Hotel 10/15/11 at OHare airport (Chicago)

Gambit3
By Gambit3,
in

I'd really keep to around the airport area, as you want to be at least reasonably near CTA transit.

I do see what appears to be the Swissotel for $162 downtown for 10/15-16; this wasn't showing for this date when searching earlier this morning. While expensive, if you were able to get a 4* in the Loop for $125-150 on PRICELINE, you'd still have a per-night average around $110.

In terms of the airport, rates for 4* properties seem a tad elevated in comparison to usual, but not too bad. I'd start at $55 for a 4* in Chicago O'Hare ORD North or 4* Chicago O'Hare ORD South and work higher by $5's.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The Go Chicago card is worth getting if you do plan to see a lot of the museums (look at the list of museums included, see what the potential admission costs would be and compare to the card.)

I will note with the Go Card that the Museum of Science and Industry is pretty far South of the city and requires additional time for the trip. I would not recommend the Adler, but I would recommend the Shedd and the Field, which are conveniently located right next to each other. I'd also highly recommend the Art Institute.

Not on the card - and free - is the Lincoln Park Zoo, which I'd highly recommend.

Additionally, this link from the city does have coupons for some attractions:

http://www.explorechicago.org/city/en/supp..._Discounts.html

Please use the Betterbidding GoCard link to start your purchase if you do purchase a GoCard.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]