Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) W New York

PeterC2609
By PeterC2609,
in

Looking at getting over to ny again this year in December. Potentially with grandparents and family, so would need 3 rooms.

Initially was looking at around 8th December for 4/5 nights... But thinking that may be cheaper later on, I.e. 14/15/16th December for 4/5 nights.

Anyone any tips? How much would I be looking to pay for 3*. 3.5* or 4*? Ideally we'd like to stay around Midtown...

In the past we've stayed at Marriott Marquis, Sheraton, Millenium Broadway, and we stayed at TriBeCa last year, but don't think that would be a good idea with grandparents.

I've seen some people have got the W hotel which seems ok.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Please follow-up your previous Priceline NYC for NYE thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip... then reply to this topic and we'll comment in your trip above.

When will the number of guests and rooms that you need (and dates) be finalized?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Winter in NYC is definitely expensive, although one of the most expensive periods is around 11/27-12/10. The second half of December starts to see prices cool off a little bit, but still remain on the higher side. A few days right before Christmas and a few days after Christmas are *usually* noticeably cheaper (usually around 12/17-27 +/- a day or two), but NYE and a day or two before are very expensive.

How many are going to be in each room (adults/children?)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Best guess for each:

3* MTC

Holiday Inn 57th St

3.5* MTC

Hudson Hotel

2.5* Times Square

Milford Plaza

3* MTE

Beekman Tower

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and/or how it goes and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi All,

So it's looking like the 15/12-19/12 we will be in New York.

I've had a look through the lists for Priceline and ideally, I'd love to get a Hilton, Starwood (W etc) or Radisson as I am a member of their reward programmes so get free upgrades. But similarly I could probably get other chains to status match me anyway.

Anyway I'd like to be at either Times Square, MTE, MTW or Central Park South. I'd love to go for 4* and my limit is probably around $300 per night.

What kind of rebidding plan would I use? I've clicked on the links from this site or HOTWIRE and PRICELINE.

Thanks for your time,

Peter

I don't think your budget should be much of an issue, but note that the first nite of your stay is somewhat more expensive then the remaining nites. Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID, where you stay at one hotel for the first nite and then a different hotel for the remaining nites an option? If so, i think you have a chance at a 4* at ~$165-$185... then a 4* for the first nite may cost you ~$200.

You could try bidding for the complete stay first, but you may want to adjust your maximum bid downward based upon the split bid option above... given a blended stay at two hotels will likely cost under $200/nite, would it be worth an extra $100/nite to not have to change hotels once during this stay? (for some the savings may be worth moving... not for others)

Let us know your thoughts and we'll advise accordingly.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* TS and CPS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE and TS...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTW and CPS...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE and CPS...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* TS and MTW...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE and MTW and TS...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE and MTW and CPS...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* TS and CPS and MTW

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* TS and CPS and MTE

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* TS, MTE, MTW, CPS...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $230

Any questions feel free to ask. If the above is rejected just post back and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

PRICELINE guarantees double occupancy/1 bed; triple occupancy won't likely be an issue, although more than one bed would be unlikely in NYC, where many rooms are definitely on the small side (and in some cases, the very small side, such as the 3.5* Hudson in CPS.)

HOTWIRE would be a better choice in that the amount of people in the room can be indicated and bedding (could be 2 beds or 1+sofa, etc) ensured, but that would be a more expensive option.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

There is not likely to be any problems with three, although one definitely may be sleeping on the floor as two beds is unlikely when using PRICELINE in NYC.

There is the fairly minor risk that some hotels in NYC may have rooms small to the point where the occupancy max is two in non-upgraded rooms, but in that case, I would not make it very apparent that there are three in the party. (not have everyone come up to the desk at check-in.)

When using PRICELINE in NYC for more than double occupancy, there is a definite risk of receiving rooms with only one bed... would this be acceptable, especially for the room with 3 adults... a 7+ nite stay?? HOTWIRE would be a better choice for this stay, imo. It may cost you a bit more, but there is also a greater likelihood that it will suit your needs.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too! (please click each of these links before replying)

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. After you click out of PL, then you go back into PL through the BB link above. At that point you can re-set the number of rooms to as many as you'd like. It starts your bidding process all over from scratch, without having to try and change parameters in the middle of a bidding session. Hope that clarifies!

Congrats on your success. :)

Superb deal for this well-located W, which was the first in the chain.

In terms of triple occupancy, I'd call and politely inquire if there was any way that two beds would be available - I wouldn't mention that there are three in the party, just ask if there would be any way you could get two beds.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]