Priceline Hotel: Help with bidding in Virginia Beach

Satya
By Satya,
in

Hi! I'd like to find a 2.5 or 3 star hotel near the intersection of I-64 and 264. I'm not sure what area to bid in. When I look at the map, it looks like the Norfolk Airport area, but most of the hotels are closer to the airport. Any ideas of how to get into this area? Thanks so much.

Satya

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When using PRICELINE you must be willing to accept any hotel at the minimum star level in the zone you select... there is no way to target a specific location within the zone. If you look at PRICELINE would the nearby Virginia Beach - Pembroke Area zone work for your needs, although this zone goes a bit further south as well as west of the intersection you're trying to target.

Another option is HOTWIRE which draws their zones and boundaries slightly different. Their Airport zone doesn't go as far North as PRICELINE's and perhaps this would work better for your plans? As well, with HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to the property being offered, which may help you target this specific area.

What are the dates of your stay? What is your desired star level and maximum budget per nite (before taxes and fees)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Based upon the above let us know your thoughts and if/how you'd like to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your input. I found it after I charged ahead on my own, so I didn't follow your advice, but I did use your PRICELINE link to get to Priceline. I ended up choosing the Crowne Plaza Hotel, which is in a good location and the price seemed reasonable ($78 per night). This wasn't a bid, but just buying it through PRICELINE. I'm staying there 10/23/11-10/25/11. Thanks again for your help. Maybe next time I'll try bidding.

Satya

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]