Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Vancouver (Airport YVR) Delta Airport

sllee
By sllee,
in

Bid first time at $70 for a 3.5*. Got Delta Vancouver Airport. Not really happy due to off-town location, was hoping for Hilton. My mistake - should have bid for 3* (Sheraton or Four Points with central Richmond location). Now I need a car rental to get around town.

Check-in: 10/26/2011

Check Out: 10/29/2011

Sorry to see you're a bit disappointed in the results.

Bidding for a 3* property may not have helped since the star rating you choose is the minimum you're willing to accept, and your bid could always be upgraded to a higher rated property... therefore bidding on a 3* property in this zone would not have excluded the Delta as a possible win.

Hopefully you'll find a way to make this work for your needs and enjoy your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

I actually like to stay at the Delta airport when I go for a week-end in Vancouver

The Delta has a very good shuttle system. They will bring you anywhere and pick you up from anywhere in Richmond. To go to downtown Vancouver you can take their airport shuttle to the airport and from there you take the skytrain to downtown Vancouver or you walk 15 minutes to Bridgeport and take the Skytrain from there (way cheaper than taking the Skytrain from the airport)

Yeah don't be too upset, that hotel is *the* closest hotel in all of Vancouver to the airport. Richmond is so small you can throw a stone clear across town with ease (/sarcasm). The skytrain is a few minutes walk from this hotel, and I really think you would be much happier here than if you were at the Sheraton or Four Points (Both 3* hotels as opposed to your 3.5* win). Anywhere you could have walked to from the Sheraton/Four Points, you can walk to with just as much ease from the Delta :) Heck you could even walk to those 2 hotels from the Delta within 10 minutes.....No need for a car rental!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]