Hotwire Hotel: Need help IDing Toronto (Airport East) Hotels

fritzeg
By fritzeg,
in

These amenities are common for the area, but my guess for the 3* would be the Holiday Inn OR the Hotel Indigo... the 3.5* matches previous reports for the Crowne Plaza so that would be my best guess here.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

There are three hotels listed that interest me. Booking for 3 rooms:

4* - smoke free/shuttle/fitness/pool/restaurant/business centre/hi speed/golf nearby - 85% - $122

3.5* - shuttle/fitness/pool/restaurant/hi speed - 85% - $105

3* - shuttle/fitness/pool/restaurant/business centre/hi speed - 90% - $82

Thanks.

We have not seen a 4* hotel with the amenities above reported to the board so i don't have a guess for that one.

The 3.5* property matches the Crowne Plaza and that would be my best guess here.

The 3* matches both the Doubletree and the Four Points so either of these would be my guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I've left this blank - I was told I should keep it updated as to progress, so... I've been watching Hotwire hoping the rates might go down as we get closer and have also been bidding on Priceline, but so far I haven't been successful. I'll keep bidding and watching the prices, and post when I finally purchase something. It's only a one-night layover so if I can't get a good price for 4* or 3.5* I'll just book a 3* through Hotwire because I want to guarantee it has an airport shuttle.

I'm now looking at same night (Jan 09) but changed to 2 rooms (4 adults, 2 kids) and have found a 3* YYZ West hotel. Do you want me to start a new thread to help ID it or use this one?

Amenities are shuttle, fitness, pool, restaurant, hi-speed, but it's recommended by only 70%. I didn't realize that prices change based on your guest numbers/category. This is getting even more interesting.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The above matches previous reports for the Best Western Toronto Airport West so that would be my best guess for this one.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

After over a dozen attempts bidding on Priceline up to near the Hotwire rates and recently seeing the Hotwire rates jump dramatically I decided to book through Expedia for slightly more than the HW rate while being guaranteed the bed configuration we wanted. A bit disappointed as this was one of the few times in the last few years that HW and PL haven`t worked in our favour. Next time. And thanks for all your help even though we weren`t successful.

Sorry to hear the bidding didn't work out this time around, but hopefully you're pleased with your decision and the rate you received for this property, while being able to guarantee the room configuration you need.

If you didn't, please note from our Support Page that we're an affiliate of Expedia and most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies, please check for and use the links in our Support Page for your future non-opaque purchases.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]