Priceline Hotel: Bidding advice for Oct 18-20 North Strip 5*

McFly1
By McFly1,
in

I am looking for a room in the North Strip area for Oct. 18 & 19. (leaving on the 20th)

I have been trying for a 5* North Strip hotel for several days now. Priceline has rejected me up to $115. That is kind of my upper limit right now. I do have a hotel booked elsewhere that I can always cancel if I get something in this area.

I see there are several conventions in this area around the days I will be there. Looks like about 25,000+ spread between the convention center, sands expo center and the Venetian.

Based on this shall I assume any deals in this area are probably very unlikely? What kind of bid range would it take?

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

If there's inventory, I think a 5* North Strip will likely take a significantly higher bid, at least based on the rates I'm seeing - possibly as much as $250+. South Strip at the 5* level looks significantly more reasonable, as does the 5* Strip North Condo (and the only "known" 5* in that zone would be the Trump.)

Expedia has the Aria (South Strip 5*) for $179 per night + $75 resort credit for the stay.

Please let us know what you decide and if you have any questions.

Thank you for using the site's Expedia, HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hotel direct rates at the 5* Strip North properties start at $399 and go up to nearly $600/nite, so unfortunately $115 isn't going to put you in the right ballpark at the moment.

In addition to the Aria deal offered by Expedia, HOTWIRE has a 5* Strip South property for $121/nite, which may work out to about the same rate as Expedia post-$75 credit, but the discount would be off the room rate as opposed to a credit which requires you to spend money at the resort.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]