Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Sheraton Waikiki

abbey712
By abbey712,
in

If you check the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins (center of page) you will find several reported wins. Try prior years too, as for this year it still is a bit early.

Lots of areas seem to have higher prices this year, so take what you see in earlier years with the proverbial "grain of salt".

Another source of guesstimates is HOTWIRE. Usually PRICELINE is a little less expensive, but Hotwire will give you a general idea. And also serve as a max for your bidding.

Romelle

Does anyone have any experience or insight into what sort of price i could be looking at for a 3 star or higher... Would i have any shot at the Hilton or Sheraton do you think?

If you're looking at the Sheraton or Hilton type of properties you'll need to bid higher then 3*, but to clarify, which Hilton are you referring to... the Hilton Prince Kuhio (4 star rated) or the Hilton Hawaiian Village (Resort class rated)?

I do think you have a very good chance at a Resort class property in the Waikiki Beach zone (although note that the Hawaiian Village was last reported in the Waikiki Marina zone) at under $220... most likely $140-$165 at the present time.

Are you ready to start bidding now? Did you want to only bid the Waikiki Beach zone or are there other zone(s) you're interested in?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

I was thinking Hilton Hawaiian Village, not Prince Kuhio.

We did want a resort, in particular i would love Hilton Hawaiian Village or Sheraton.

Only interested in Waikiki beach zone, (exception being the Hilton Hawaiian, considering you mentioned it was last seen in the marina zone).

Probably not quite ready to stary bidding for another week or two yet.

Probably not quite ready to stary bidding for another week or two yet.

Let us know once you're ready to move forward and we'll take a look at current rates and zones, and suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Anyone able to help with identifying this hotel:

Waikiki Beach Area

4 star

Dates: 19th December 2011-30th December 2011

Currently showing at $248 New Zealand dollars a night which is $203 US a night according to currency convertor.

Hotel Facilities:

Near Beach

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Could this be the Hilton Hawaiian Village?

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread, as well as change your default location on the HOTWIRE page to US (dropdown menu on top right of the page), then next to that change the default current to AU Dollars... this will put you on the US version for the site and display rates in AU Dollars.

Then close that browser and use this link to re-access HOTWIRE and reply to this thread, we'll then have a look at the offer above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Ok, all done, sorry about that. I thought because it was a hotwire query and i'd originally posted in the priceline forum i had to change.

You said set currency to AU but we operate in NZD so is it ok i've changed it to that instead?

So what i see on Hotwire using your link is:

4* Waikiki Beach Area Hotel

$231.03 NZD per night

Amenities:

Near Beach

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Centre

Pool(s)

Restuarant(s)

Business Center

High Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Reccomended 85%

Dates of stay: 19th December 2011- 30th December 2011

Could you please advise on what you think this might be?

Also if it's not the one i'm looking for can you advise on a priceline bidding strategy.

I would love Hilton Hawaiian Village or Sheraton if that helps with the bidding strategy at all.

Maximum i'd want to spend per night is $270 NZD (that's about $209 US )

Definetly want beach front or near beach.

Same dates as above.

Thanks so much

Abbey

Definetly want beach front or near beach.

Abbey - if you link to PRICELINE and look at the Honolulu map, you can see the Waikiki Beach Area (#7). Click on the "Detail map" for that zone. If you bid that area, you can get a hotel anywhere in the shaded area. Worst case looks to be about 4 blocks. Does that still fit your definition of "....near beach"?

Regarding getting the Hilton Village or Sheraton, there is no way with bidding to insure getting a particular hotel. You select the star level and the zone(s), and have to be prepared to accept anything at or above the star level and within the map area of the zone(s).

Romelle

Have you looked at the list of hotels other people have reported winning? First post in this Priceline -Hawaii area. You can see in which zones your "hoped for" hotels are, and make sure to bid those.

This is assuming PRICELINE hasn't made changes to the zone maps. It does happen from time to time. The map that shows when you are bidding is what rules. So the more important thing is to take a good look at those maps.

Romelle

My guess for the 4* hotel above is the Hilton Prince Kuhio with the addition of a Smoke Free icon.

Let us know what you decide and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Thanks everyone.

Ok so i think Hotwire is out. I'd l ike to go with Priceline. Am i understanding correctly that Hilton Hawaiian Village is in the marina area? On the priceline map it is between the marinan zone and the wakiki beach area zone. We would like to bid for a 4 star, preferably a resort.

Thanks

I get the same map read. That hotel is definitely not in either of the two zones, but rather between them. Also, the last time somebody won it via Priceline was '09. While anything is possible, getting it looks pretty improbable. Even if bidding both the two zones you mention.

Resorts are a separate bidding category - clear at the bottom of the star list. They are different from 4*s.

Romelle

The Hilton Hawaiian Village is more of a complex of buildings rather than just one specific location, and i would go on the assumption that at least part of the complex is in PRICELINE's Marina zone.

Did you want to bid for just the Waikiki Beach zone or also the Marina zone (noting that the marina zone also extends North of the Hilton Hawaiian Village). Did you want to bid for a Resort first up to your limit OR try for a lower priced 4*?

What is your maximum bid for this stay?

I think i will stick just with the Waikiki beach zone then since i wouldn't want to be any further along than the hilton if i bid in the marina area which is a possibility i guess.

So Waikiki beachzone, i might start with resort andthen add 4 star if i don't have any luck. Is that a good idea? Maxium price would be $200US per night.

Thanks!

At the Resort level you have FOUR re-bid zones, at the 4* level you have THREE re-bid zones (NOTE: Ko Olina is NOT a re-bid zones at the 4* level, as although this zone currently doesn't have any 4* hotels, it does have Resort class properties... and a 4* bid including this zone could be upgraded to a Resort class hotel) If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort Waikiki Beach...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165

The bids above are a little low for this time of year, but with time on your side i'd start here and if rejected we'll gradually increase. We'll revise after each round of bidding/rejections, and once get up to $200 for a Resort, we'll then include a strategy for 4* bidding as well.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks , this sounds great.

We have decided that because the price seems quite reasonable and because we have always wanted to stay here we will buy a stay at the Sheraton Waikiki from 19th-23rd December so we can have a few nights here.

Then i plan to use priceline to bid for a Waikiki Beach area hotel of 4 star for 23rd-30th December.

My maximum bid would be: $180 US

Does this change the advice you've given above or should i just apply that to the new dates?

Please use this board link to purchase the Sheraton Waikiki.

Using your THREE re-bid zones at the 4* level i would begin as follows (still low for this time of year but i'd try lowballing at first):

Select 4* Waikiki Beach...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Ok so i think i have the rebiddingzone strategy sorted but just wanted to check. I looked on priceline and in terms of areas, the executive center, diamond head area and honolulu airport area show has not having 4 star hotels. Therefore could i do the following

Select 4* Waikiki Beach...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone... (add Executive Center )

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone... (add Diamond Head Area)

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone... (add Honolulu airport)?

Bid $135

Thanks abbey

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]