Priceline Hotel: 3* Buffalo-Niagara Falls (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

rezurrectah
By rezurrectah,
in

Hi guys. I'm looking for a room in Buffalo, NY (Downtown). I've stayed at the Hyatt Downtown which is a 3* in previous occasions using Priceline. We really want to stay at The Adam's Mark, which is closeby (and looks really nice) just to see how its like but I'm not sure if its a 2.5* hotel now or what? The reason I ask that is because all the recent post with a 3* hotel in Downtown Buffalo all have been the Hyatt unless you go through posts from 2003 which show The Adam's Mark being the 3* hotel. I hope that someone can help me out here. Thanks!

Just like with your Priceline San Juan thred, which you never followed-up with, we need the dates of your stay to begin to look at any aspect of your stay.

Please follow-up your previous post with whatever you ended up doing for that trip and then add the date(s) of your stay to this post and we'll take a look.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We don't see much bidding in this area (it's not a destination 'hot spot'). This could explain no recent wins at the Adams Mark, but also how Priceline operates. If the Hyatt consistently has a low rate loaded into their system, and the Adam Mark a high(er) rate, 'eduated bidders' (who don't overbid) will always be awarded the Hyatt.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Gotcha. Downtown Buffalo is definately not a hotspot. If anyone goes there and like nightclubs and drinking, I recommend the Chippewa St. area. Good thing about the Hyatt is that it's close to the "action" downtown and you can stagger yourself back to the hotel.

I'll let you guys know what the outcome of the bidding was when I get back and also if I broke my Long Island Icetea drinking record.

• 1 month later...

Hyatt Regency Buffalo 3-star

Remote control TV w/ premium channels

Radio Alarm Clock

Business services

Telephone w/ voicemail

Iron and ironing board

Hairdryer

24 hour front desk

Restaurant Room service

Check-In Date: Friday, July 8, 2005

Check-Out Date: Sunday, July 10, 2005

Your Offer Price: $45.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $90.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $20.10

Total Charges: $110.10

I originally placed a bid for a 2.5* hotel already knowing that the Hyatt was the 3* (because of previous posts by other members) but received a free upgrade from Priceline to a 3* hotel. I wanted to see what the 2.5* was so I can post it on the forum. The Hyatt isn't bad if you don't have alot of luggage. The reason I say that is because the parking lot is located kiddy corner from the hotel. When you check-in, you can pay $8-$12 and the front desk and they'll give you in-and-out access parking priviledges. I hope this post helps. If you have any questions let me know.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]