Priceline Hotel: 3* Napa - Sonoma (Napa) River Terrace Inn

crapstuffs
By crapstuffs,
in

Rates are not totally out of line with prices when we usually see acceptances. However, this is the tail end of a holiday weeekend so you may be in a situation where hotels are not releasing inventory for this sole nite, instead requiring a multi-nite stay (ie- the entire weekend).

If this is a stay you will be making regardless of your priceline success, i woudl book the refundable rate at the DOUBLETREE and continue to bid this over the next few weeks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can choose one hotel in each zone from our PRICELINE HOTEL LIST and then use a site like Mapquest.com to get the distance between the two.

I just did that for the Doubletree and the Embassy Suites and they're are 35 miles/45 minutes apart. Of course the location of the actual hotel you do receive can be closer/further than where you need to go.

Let us know how you want to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I stayed in Santa Rosa last August through Priceline, had been a private hotel but had recently become a Sheraton or Marriott, can't remember.

Anyway, Santa Rosa was a GREAT location, especially if you are thinking of going to the Russian River and/or Alexander Valley wineries. I actually had more fun in these areas than in Napa and Sonoma.

I'd say Santa Rosa is about 15-20 min from Sonoma vineyards, and about 30 min from Napa. Of course to the towns Napa and Sonoma would be further, maybe 45 to either.

I've tried 3 biddings for this...

My first bid was:

4* (Napa) - $50

3* (Napa) - $55

3* (Napa, Fairfield) - $60

NO LUCK

My second bid was:

4* (Napa) - $60

3* (Napa) - $65

3* (Napa, Fairfield) - $70

NO LUCK

My third bid was:

4* (Napa) - $80

4* (Napa, Fairfield) - $90

3* (Napa, Fairfield) - $100 - THIS IS WHERE I MADE THE MISTAKE. I LOWERED THE STAR AND INCREASED THE PRICE. :)

I guess the moral of the story was - BE PATIENT...i was becoming impatient by the third bidding...

Really really bummed about this...:)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]