Priceline Hotel: Resort Tucson (North) Omni Tucson Golf Resort

rc408
By rc408,
in

I was bidding for a resort for Tucson (North) for 8/26-8/28.

Initial bid $40 rejected

1st re-bid $42 rejected

2nd re-bid $44 rejected

3rd re-bid $45 rejected :)

I then added the La Paloma - Ventana Canyon area which does have a resort. I was willing to stay in either area.

Bid $46 rejected :)

It looks like the prices are going up or the rooms are getting full. I'll try again later.

Maybe the pricing manager hasn't been fired yet. :)

This does look like a terrific deal for under 50 bucks. I hope more people get to take advantage of it.

FWIW, the Phoenix paper says summer rates and occupancy levels are rising at local resorts (and I presume the same is true in Tucson) because more locals are vacationing in Arizona.

So perhaps the days of under $50 summer priceline resort stays in Arizona will be coming to an end. It's been a good run. I'd recommend folks enjoy it while they can. Airline ticket prices to Phoenix tend to be among the lowest in the country, so if you can take the heat, you can definitely get more value for your vacation dollar heading to Arizona.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/061...0soldout10.html

• 2 months later...

So, I should be in Tucson at the Omni right now with my Priceline won rental car. But I'm not. My son and his Mom are both sick right now so I postponed my visit. I'm going to Hawaii next week and don't want to take the chance, plus they said it was not a good idea right now. I have now experienced the drawback to Priceline first hand, once it's paid you own it, whether you use it or not. You won't hear me complain though, Priceline has saved me a lot more than this weekend cost me and that is the chance I take using them. I just wanted to let people know that sometimes you have to write a winning bid off. Oh well, maybe I'll go diving this weekend. :)

Not sure if this thread should go here or not. Feel free to move it Thereuare.

I won a Rental car and Hotel stay for this weekend from Priceline and was not able to go due to illness. I called Priceline and was told that they could refund my money minus some fee's. Here are the details:

Fee's- Hotels $25 per night fee

Rental Car- 1 day charge fee (Your winning bid price per day not including taxes and fees)

Contact Priceline before the check-in or pick-up times

Must have a Dr's note saying you or the people you were visiting are sick

If the people you are visiting are sick Priceline needs their names and phone numbers

Unfortunately I called the day after my check-in date so I am out of luck. I hope this can help others in similar circumstances.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]