Priceline Hotel: 4* Honolulu (Waikiki North) Hawaii Prince

commissioner
By commissioner,
in

I see South Side is around $60-70?

I'm not saying that you won't be successful in this range for your dates in the South zone, but how can you be so certain? Rates are higher for your dates than when we typically see acceptances, and you just witnessed with your other bid a rejection at $81, which 'typically' should be enough for an acceptance.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, you've fallen into the "Hawaiian summer travel curse" of limited availability and high prices. I'm a little surprised to see it hit Waikiki (because there are SO many hotels), especially so early in the summer travel season.

I would give you the same options I tell everyone. Call Aston and Outrigger and see if they will give you a half-off Entertainment Card rate anywhere. If so, compare that rate and hotel to your other options (and you'll need to rustle up an Entertainment Card, ASAP, if you're going in a week). Also look for that United Airlines/Starwood 50% off deal, which is referenced somewhere on this site, and see if that will work.

Alternatively, pick off individual days and compare them on hotwire and the priceline packages section and see what you can get. For instance, I see a 4.5 star hotwire hotel for all four of your "north" dates for $174. That might be possible to book on priceline as a resort for $150.

As far as north or south goes, once the rates are tight, I wouldn't worry about going into one zone or another. There's not much difference, frankly. At this point you want to find the best hotel you can for the money ANYWHERE on Waikiki.

I guess I waited too long to get the maximum discount for our stay in Waikiki. Wanted a 3* between $50-80 for the North Side. Don't know if that is reasonable or not but my quick gleam of this board showed a low of $48 for the South Side. Well no luck whatsoever during my tries at PL the last two days for our stay of 6-14 to 6-21 (checkout):

3* upto $88 got rejected for North Side! (My backup was and is now booked Ohana Royal Islander, Expedia for $90). Actually Outrigger at $114 was my backup at Expedia but they kept selling out! First the 14th then the 15th.

Knowing my backup at Islander is "safe" for 5 nights (fifth night free from maximum discount) and Outrigger is safe for the last two nights, I tried for the 4* in the North Side for the 19th & 20th:

$90 Ha ha

$95

$100

$105 had my wife bid

$110

$114 Finally accepted by Hawaii Prince!

So I guess there's more supply for the week beginning 6/19. I believe this should be true for all the hotels. This area is just packed for the week of 6/12.

Congratulations on your (partial) win.

Please start a new thread for the balance of your stay and/or your bidding in the South zone. It will be easier to keep things orderly and reflect each hotel win in the topic title. If you need to cancel and re-book your back-up reservation please use our Expedia link for the re-purhcase. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]