wtf - for 3 people in a room, they can give a bed+pullout sofa??

w@ntonsoup
By w@ntonsoup,
in

We just got back from a stay at a Hotwire booked hotel. We brought our daughter with us, and I kept accidentally putting "2 adults" in the hotwire searches. Before I booked, I realized by mistake and changed it to "2 adults, 1 child". The rate went up around $15-20, which makes sense as you're guaranteed 2 beds.

Or not!

We got to the hotel, and first of all, they showed the reservation as "2 guests", no mention of the 3rd person in our party. They said they were full and couldn't get us into a room with 2 beds. They had one with a pullout couch, which ended up being ridiculously uncomfortable and seriously shabby accommodations.

Is this acceptable for hotwire? If so, what the heck am I paying more for by adding more guests? Maybe next time they'll just bring a pillow to the room and tell the extras to sleep in the bathtub, since it's hotwire they can't guarantee a darn thing.

Man are we ticked.

If you read the terms of Hotwire, they state that they will give you enough bedding for the amount of people assigned to the room. This can include a pull out couch, a cot or a crib. Hotwire is a great service, but you must know the rules in advance!

Like I said, next thing they'll be giving you a pillow for the bathtub.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]