Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* San Antonio (Airport SAT) La Quinta Airport

keeley
By keeley,
in

Using Hotwire - I booked 2 rooms (2 Adults/2 Kids per room) for 3 nights at a 2.5* hotel - LaQuinta Inn & Suites (Airport). We will be visiting San Antonio June 26th - 29th. I'll let you know how it goes!

I've seen people who posted better deals, but this seems to be the best deal available at this time. Since I'm responsible for my family and another family, I didn't want to wait too long to book. I looked at Priceline - which I know I could have gotten a better rate for - but Hotwire seemed the better deal as they guarantee occupancy for the number of people traveling and non-smoking rooms are supposed to be standard. My husband is calling the hotel today to put in a request none the less. Using the coupon code mentioned mentioned on betterbidding in another section - I saved an additional $50.

The rooms showed a rate of $48/night/room:

2 room(s) @ $48.00 per night x 3 night(s) $288.00

Taxes and fees: $49.95

Hotel Subtotal $337.95

Additional Savings $50.00 (using coupon code previously discussed)

Total Price $287.95

La Quinta (Airport) features the following amenities:

Airport Shuttle

Property offers an airport shuttle service. In some cases, shuttles run for limited hours, require a reservation or charge a fee.

Complimentary Breakfast

At the minimum, guests receive a free continental breakfast.

Pool(s)

Property features at least one pool area. (Note: This amenity offering may be seasonal. Please check hours/availability directly with the property.)

Fitness Center

Exercise equipment is available for guest use. An additional fee may apply.

Golf Nearby

Golf course(s) are within walking distance or a short drive from the property.

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Guests have access to a coin-operated washer/dryer.

***An aside note - the 3.5* hotel in the same area was showing up as the better value & customer favorite at $64/night. I assume this was for the Doubletree. The Doubletree does seem to have some excellent reviews, as does this LaQuinta, but after reviewing both hotel websites we couldn't see too much difference in the actual rooms - also the LaQuinta has a complimentary continental breakfast everyday which will save us the cost of that meal everyday. I'm happy with our deal right now - I'll let you know if I made the right decision!

• 4 weeks later...

I have stayed there many times (I live in Austin and go down on business). If it is an Airport 2.5 star with "Golf Nearby" it has always been this hotel. I have found the staff rather rude towards Hotwire users. I have stayed at the hotel at least 30 nights this year (for the great value), but I would rather pay $20 a night more and try and get the Doubletree. The Doubletree is great. I have stayed there about 30 nights this year as well. They recognize me when I check in and always put me in a suite if they have one. before discovering Priceline and Hotwire I ALWAYS stayed at la Quintas. They are usually very clean and affordable. The managements attitude at this La Quinta should change...

Dave

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]