Hotwire Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (El Segundo-Manhattan Beach) Hawthorn Suites

Wizard of OZ
By Wizard of OZ,
in

I stay in the El Segundo area a lot and usually I stay either in the Doubletree on E Grand (El Segundo, excellent hotel but a bit old) or near the Airport. The problem with the airport is that you might be getting a very good deal on the hotel price but by the time you add the parking, breakfast and drive time you are better off staying somewhere else.

I usually like to stay in 4* hotels but there were none on Hotwire except for the LAX area which I was concerned that it will be the Hilton LAX which I hated, OLD hotel and expensive breakfast and parking is a rip off. I tried to bid $90 on Priceline for the Redondo Beach, El Segundo area but could not get any bite, therefore I went on this 3* hotel in the El Segundo - Manhattan Beach area hotel.

From previous posts I 'knew' this would be the Hawthorn Suites. I reserved for the following dates: 9/12 through 9/15/2011

The hotel amenities were:

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High Speed Internet

Kitchenette

$112 a night per room

I paid for 2 rooms the following:

Rate per night: $112.00

Nights: 3

Rooms: 2

Tax recovery charges & fees: $77.31

Subtotal: $749.31

I will let you know if it was worth it or not after my stay.

Support this forum and use the link to place your order with HOTWIRE or PRICELINE

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice hotel which meets your needs and has the (free) amenities you like in a hotel.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new star rating for this property.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I do not recommend the Hawthorn Suites in Manhattan Beach for the price. You better off staying at the airport for less money. Their free breakfast is a real joke and if you get a room on the Sepulveda street side you are doomed to be awaken at 5 AM by cars. The rooms are on the small size except for the rooms with King Size beds which they are designated as handicap rooms.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]